Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you got your Feng Shui going on for a strong financial future?
I can use every angle I can get. If nothing else I think I will feel better about my house and myself.

A few basics
Clean out your wallet. If possible invest in a new RED wallet.

Clean out old financial files. Old energy keeps new energy from coming into your life

Be neat and orderly. Organize your bills and put them in one place.

Declutter. In particular, declutter the SE corner of your home, of your living room, and of your bedroom. This is the wealth sector and if it has piles of junk, then financial chi can't circulate.

Enhance your prospects. What direction is best for inviting more opportunity? You will need to go a the website to get your KUA number. I used Red Lotus Letter. Then find on the chart. Also found at Red Lotus Letter.

Water equals money. Focus on the north sector of your house. The north represents opportunities and career. You can use an aquarium, a painting or print of water, a waterfall, an ocean scene, a picture of turtles or fish or display sailing ships.

Go green. In the Southeast wealth sector put a grouping of 4 plants of varying heights together select a jade plant as one of your grouping.

Go gold. The color Gold is associated with wealth, prosperity, and wisdom. The use of the color gold encourages good health and personal success.

It is important to keep in mind that instead of using the Feng Shui design in the whole house, it is best to target particular problem areas first and then move systematically from room to room as a means of improving Chi flow in all parts of your living space.

Read more, there are many websites with additional information.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Interesting... I once read a Feng Shui decorating book. It said the different guas were oriented around where the main entrance to the house was. So while the wealth gua may be in the SE corner of your house, it's in the NE corner of my house, because of where the main entrance is. I think the author claimed it had something to do with how the 'chi' (or energy) enters and leaves the dwelling.

I must admit, de-cluttering is good advice for anyone. And that's the one thing I got from that book that I believe was really good advice.

Jean

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Well this is weird. I have a red wallet, my kitchen sink is on the north side, and I have plants in the south. Also, I have gold sheets on my bed. Looks like I'm on my way! ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hmmm....interesting. Especially since directly north of me is the river. I should be rolling in the dough!!! Only thing is...I've been flooded badly 3 times in the last 4 years...to the tune of over $350,000 in damages. Yep...water sure does represent money!!!!!! :yikes:
Now ya'll know why I'm broke!!

·
27,948 Posts
Well this is weird. I have a red wallet, my kitchen sink is on the north side, and I have plants in the south. Also, I have gold sheets on my bed. Looks like I'm on my way! ;)
Woohoo, you are going to be rich!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
The north wall in my apartment is literally a giant window, from floor to cieling and it looks out onto a big chunk of townhouses...lol. I don't know if I can put anything water related there. But hey, I really need the cash so I'll even try feng shui...lol

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
rachelMcK
Put a fountain outside you window...
No wonder I'm broke... no red wallet
no water, my plants would die for sure...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Great. I've been carrying around a red wallet for 2 or 3 years now- people are going to think I'm rich and they might try and rob me!

Just kidding. Being naturally un-superstitious, I can't take feng shui seriously.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
is feng shui superstitious.
I thought it was a Chinese culture?
I would love to read more about it.
Kimmer do you have a link?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts