Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night after dinner I was really needing something sweet but there isn't even a chocolate chip morsel in this house. Closest thing to something sweet was the honey bear and a package of dried cranberries. How sad is that?!:thud: I need to get something in this house for my time of need, lol.

What'cha got & where are you hiding it? :shhh: I won't tell.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
mini m&m's... in the back of the fridge :lol: no one ever thinks to look in plain sight BWAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Dark chocolate in the freezer, wrapped in a butter wrapper. I have two girls - chocolate does not last long in my house!

·
Registered
719 Posts
This made me laugh for two reasons;

One, because my father used to go grocery shopping on Saturdays and eventually everyone learned that 9 times out of 10, if we looked inside the "butter flap" (ours was white, not see-through) we would invariably find a half eaten Payday bar. He never did try a new hiding spot....

And two, because my BF rarely touches candy, I don't have to hide it. He never gets to it before I do and most times, weeks will go by and then out of the blue he'll ask, "Hey, do we have any of ____ left?" Yeah, right...that chocolate never stood a chance :D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
This made me laugh for two reasons;

One, because my father used to go grocery shopping on Saturdays and eventually everyone learned that 9 times out of 10, if we looked inside the "butter flap" (ours was white, not see-through) we would invariably find a half eaten Payday bar. He never did try a new hiding spot....

And two, because my BF rarely touches candy, I don't have to hide it. He never gets to it before I do and most times, weeks will go by and then out of the blue he'll ask, "Hey, do we have any of ____ left?" Yeah, right...that chocolate never stood a chance :D
That's exactly what happens in our house. My response is usually to laugh at how absurd the idea is that I haven't ate the chocolate by the time he asks about it. :laugh:

I'm pretty naughty with keeping sweet things in the house. I usually keep a large chocolate bar - preferably creamy Galaxy chocolate - in the top cupboard beside the baking stuff. It never lasts very long and then it must be replaced. There should always be one there!

Also, Nutella is excellent for those sweet cravings. I keep it nestled behind the noodles usually. Whack it on some toast and that's my sugar fix :lip:

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
No stash needed. We are allowed to put things in the fridge/freezer and say DON'T TOUCH. No one touches each other's treats. Sometimes we will write our names on the item.

Currently my teen has a 1/2 cup of Ben & Jerry's in the freezer and I have 1/2 a chocolate bar. I guess its a respect thing for us, I wouldn't want her to take my food so I don't take hers.

My stash of Christmas candy was No Touch until I got tired of picking at it so I announced it was now community property. Its disappearing now, about a piece or two every other day.

Another tactic I use is anything in the deep freeze and pantry is No-Touch and anything in fridge/freezer/cupboards is community property unless otherwise marked.

My teen can ask about something in the deep freeze but I'm pretty good about moving allowed items to fridge-freezer.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
No stash needed. We are allowed to put things in the fridge/freezer and say DON'T TOUCH. No one touches each other's treats. Sometimes we will write our names on the item.

Currently my teen has a 1/2 cup of Ben & Jerry's in the freezer and I have 1/2 a chocolate bar. I guess its a respect thing for us, I wouldn't want her to take my food so I don't take hers.

My stash of Christmas candy was No Touch until I got tired of picking at it so I announced it was now community property. Its disappearing now, about a piece or two every other day.

Another tactic I use is anything in the deep freeze and pantry is No-Touch and anything in fridge/freezer/cupboards is community property unless otherwise marked.

My teen can ask about something in the deep freeze but I'm pretty good about moving allowed items to fridge-freezer.
WE are like this too.

I do have a stash of Halloween candy bought on sale in the basement deep freeze. From time to time I bring some up. They all think I'm magic ;) I also from time to time sneak some just for me. Generally while doing laundry down there no one seems to have noticed.

By the way that $3 bag of candy has really lasted a long time.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
If I said something was a no touch, my guys (dh and sons) would just smirk, and it would be gone by morning. As Rodney said, I get no respect.

My guys are all very tall, and I am short. My pantry goes all the way to the floor. If I hide say---dark chocolate, or french salted caramels, or cookies---bottom and in the back, behind stuff, I can be sure my tall family will not bother stooping down that far, or crawling on the floor, to see what I have hidden behind the vinegar and olive oil.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
When I get a sweet craving I have a couple of dehydrated banana chips, craisins, apricots, etc. On occasion there are Oreo Snacksters in the house, but I have to earn those - LOL!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
gum. in my room. thats about it

·
Registered
469 Posts
Pretzel M&Ms (lower fat than candy bars and regular M&Ms for those of you worried about calorie content), bag hidden in my sock drawer.

Coconut cream sandwich cookies, hidden inside the stock pot.

·
19,119 Posts
This is hysterical!! You guys are awesome about your special treats. None hiding here - hardly ever have candy in the house. How boring is that?

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't know how you do it Maui. I'm so surprised nobody felt my pain and at least give me a hug for only having a honey bear and dried cranberries to choose from in my hour of need. I went to bed so out of sorts I tell ya! Still reeling.... :drama:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Right now I'm hiding 2 boxes of Girl Scout cookies (peanut butter patties) waaaaaaay in the back of the freezer.....gosh, I love those things.....good thing they only sell them once a year :)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I had a stash of discounted Christmas chocolate; white chocolate polar bears and chocolate covered cherries, but I ate the last of them the other night. *feels a little uneasy*

I'm going to shop the discounted chocolates the day after Valentine's Day, can't wait.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Dark chocolate in my panty drawer. My husband and two sons would not check there......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.