Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The school my Dd goes to has had a spread of Fifths desease and now I think she may have it. She looks like someone has slapped her face on the cheecks. She doesn't have a fever but has had a sore throat about a week and a half ago. I was wondering if anyone has delt with this? If so, do i need to take her to the doctor, or just let it run it's course? Please advise. I'm not sure if this was the right place for this post and I'm sorry if I put it in the wrong place.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I've never even heard of Fifth's Desease...Sorry can't help ya...

If it were me...to the doc's I'd go!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i can't remember if the doc can do anything for it, but i would take her to the doc if you think she has it. dh's little cousin had it and it appeared as a lacy rash on his arms. the doc can tell you for sure if she has it and what to do about it.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Sounds like 5th's Disease to me. All four of my dsons had it, and they all looked as if someone had slapped them in the face. My two oldest sons felt pretty bad with it, they stayed in bed all day. My two youngest boys had it and it didn't faze them at all. There was an epidemic of it at the school at the time. I called their Ped. and he said there was no need to bring them to see him, because it was a self-limiting illness. Of course, if your child has a compromised immune system, you should consult their Dr.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My oldest daughter had it when she was in preschool, and I had never heard of it before she had it..

There is nothing a Dr can really do for it, but if it makes you feel better call the Dr.

Eileen

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have never heard of it ........

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Fifth Disease is a normal childhood disease that most child get at one point or another..
It is called 5th's because it is the 5th childhood disease they discovered (in the line of chilcken pox and those others)
It is like a cold but once you get the rash on the face you are no long contagious but it is VERY contagious before you get the rash..

eileen

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, we are off to the Dr. today. The rash has spread down to her torso and arms and legs. The main reason Iwant to go to the Dr. is that on a web site I went to it said if you have been exposed, not to get around ppl with immune problems. My mother is older and in frail health. We would like to go to Nebraska this summer to see her but I don't want to risk infecting her. Alex has been very lathargic and I want to see if there is a time she should take it easy or if I can throw her back into school tomorrow.:toothy: thanks all for the replys

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Good thinking on the Dr. visit...that would have been my advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts