Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is that time of the year. Fall is here and it is getting cold. Which seems to send my body into the idea that I really need to get the fat stockpiles on my body upped for the winter "starvation" that might be coming.

For whatever reason this happens every year. I am trying to eat alot more veggies and fruit. Can't wait to until this stops. I go thru this also in the spring time.

Anyone else wandering around with this all consuming urge to eat more?

I am going to get another piece of gum.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Its your body's natural way of surviving the winter - hibernating so to speak. Just be mindful of what you put into your mouth and portions. I know this is the carby time of year - baked treats, thick creamy soups/stews...just try to make better health choices and continue to move daily to help ward it off.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anyone else wandering around with this all consuming urge to eat more?
Oh yeah. As soon as it gets nippy outside, I just want to sit under a quilt with some hot cocoa and a big plate of chocolate chip cookies. By myself. ;)

Couldn't you go for some warm cinnamon rolls right now? Yummy! :D

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Oh how i wished it was only spring and fall that i wanted to over eat it year around for me.I do fell for you for i am over weight about 40 lb can't seem to loose any and holidays coming up.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
DD and i were calling it the fall carb storage gene at Kentucky fired chicken today. We split mac and potato sides.lol

I get crunchy veg like giant carrots and green peppers at the farm amrket and have at it. Also excercise-sometimes w/ a song about what I am not going to eat. cuckoo.lol.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I eat every 2 or 3 hours. It keeps my blood sugar levels stable, and I am not so hungry that I want to overeat.Poor carbs, and their bad, bad rap. I always have lots and lots of carbs all year round, without gaining a pound. I just eat them whole( potatoes, carrots, corn- you name it)I don't sauce them up, fry them up, butter them up, or cream them up. I love air popped corn at this time of the year! Yum!! Yum!!!If you want something sweet, have a baked sweet potato with a little cinnamon or a baked apple with cinnamon and nuts. So, so good!

Reactions: Elizabeth CM

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I absolutely love comfort foods (and lots of them) in winter.

A friend of mine tried something quite interesting, maybe some of you have done something like it?

Like myself, if she wasn't hungry but had a craving for some delicious baked good or yummy, steaming soup, she would have a hot cup of something - tea, coffee or hot chocolate. But she came up with the idea of trying a different type tea every single day for a whole month (some month in winter). She had some really unusual concoctions!

She said it really helped with hibernation cravings because it was like a special treat - warming and comforting.

Haven't tried it myself, but I liked the idea :)

·
8,714 Posts
~Yes I usually gain 5-10lbs between October and December which I spend January and February losing.
I wonder if I will this year now that I've gone dairy-free? I can't have 75% of my favorite comfort foods and goodies.~

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Just be mindful of what you put into your mouth and portions.
:yikes: I AM MINDFUL!!!

Mindful that it all tastes darn good..........and I want more.......it is all warm and hearty and good! After living on cuke and tomato sandwiches all summer, because I didn't want to cook, I am into the hearty stuff now!!

Can you smell my very hearty bean/lentil soup cooking...........along with the baking bread??????

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right now I have the crockpot going for chicken soup. Figure I will load it up with veggies.

Did I mention I ate two pastries for dinner? Oh yea, and a little chicken for protein.

I can't wait until this passes!!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I do gain more in the 'winter' - it's 95 degrees here right now in the sunny SW of US. And it's the middle of freakin' October!

However - I eat oatmeal, quinoa, whole grains, etc. And yes, I have "winter clothes" that are almost a size larger. They're certainly large enough that I don't sweat gaining a few pounds.

Exercise and water helps a lot!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.