Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you like to do with them? They're on sale this week and I thought I might pick up a few and a box of instant cheesecake mix for at least one of them. Looking for frugal, quick ideas for the others.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Look up the recipe for light cool whip pie. It's great for a graham cracker crust. You can also make your own cheesecake. :D

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Reactions: Contrary Housewife

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Fill them with chocolate pudding to make a chocolate pie!
That's my kids' favorite with whipped cream on top. You can also soften some vanilla ice cream, stir peanut butter into it, put it in the shell and freeze it. Serve with hot fudge sauce.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I got two of them today (had a coupon as well). I want to use one of them to make some kind of peanut butter and jelly pie, but I don't know how I would do it. I guess I need to search for a recipe. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Lemon Meringue Pie, I wont eat it with out a graham cracker crust.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hubby loves Lemon Icebox Pie

1 c. Condensed Milk
1/2 c. Lemon Juice
2 Egg Yolks
1 Graham Crust

Add lemon juice to milk a bit at a time. Stir until thickened. Add in egg yolks and mix well. Pour into crust. Chill

You could probably use the egg whites for meringue but we don't care for meringue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Any flavor of pudding you have, would be great in a graham cracker crust!

Reactions: Wendy99

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Any flavor of pudding you have, would be great in a graham cracker crust!
What a great idea!! Something I've never thought of - frugal and easy!! Thanks :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sounds weird but try strawberry ice cream in the pie shell, when ready to serve slice bananas and top with some and some hershey syrup. When I treat myself to Cold Stone Creamery once in awhile I get strawberry ice crean with graham crackers, bananas, and chocolate syrup mixed in and it is so good.

·
Registered
291 Posts
A tub of cool whip
a box of pastachio instant pudding
crush pinapples.

Mix together and put in pie crust. Freeze. Cut & eat. Yum!

·
Registered
841 Posts
I do a great chocolate banana pie.....chocolate pudding (cooked kind) with pieces of banana chopped up in the bottom and topped with whipped cream.

Easy Kool-aid pie,
try different flavors, our kids like the orange and red colors best! But its fun to try the others too.
1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 -8 ounce container cool whip whipped topping, thawed
1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
And extra Cool Whip for the top (if you want it)

In a medium bowl mix the Kool-Aid powder with the sweetened condensed milk until well blended. Then fold in the Cool Whip topping.
Pour into pie crust and add more Cool Whip on top (if wanted). Chill for about 4 hours, or until set well. Enjoy.....

Key lime is also good in these crusts too!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
We love this at our house.....

Lite & Luscious Key Lime Pie

1 pre-baked light graham cracker pie crust ( I used store bought low-fat)
¼ cup fat-free egg substitute
1 1/8 tsp unflavored gelatin
½ cup key lime juice, divided
1 (14oz) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1 cup non fat or light whipped topping (optional)
2 T shredded sweetened coconut (optional)

1. To make the filling, place the egg substitute in a blender, and sprinkle the gelatin over the egg. Set aside for 2 minutes to allow the gelatin to soften.
2. Place ¼ cup of the lime juice in a small bowl. Microwave uncovered on high for about 1 minute, or until the juice comes to a boil.
3. Add the boiling lime juice to the blender, place the lid on, and blend for about 1 minute, or until the ingredients are well mixed and the gelatin is completely dissolved. Add the remaining ¼ cup of lime juice, and blend for about 30 seconds, or until well mixed. Add the condensed milk, and blend for about 1 minute, or until well mixed. Immediately pour the filling into the crust.
4. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours, or until set, before cutting into wedges and serving. Top each serving with 2 T of whipped topping and a sprinkling of coconut, if

Reactions: Contrary Housewife
1 - 16 of 16 Posts