Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our bank is literally right down the road from our house and Dh and while Dh and I were out for a walk a couple of weeks ago I mentioned to him that since he had a bonus on his check we should stop and open the savings account we had been discussing for a while. Now we do have retirement savings and such but really we have kept any extra money in our primary checking and we all know what happens to that money! So less than 2 weeks ago we opened it with $100 and we are now up to $250! Its not much but it is a start!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
WTG! You have to start somewhere. It WILL get easier also. It is a wonderful feeling to see the balance grow.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Good for you. It really is a nice goal to build up the savings account!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Awesome! Sounds like you have a good plan and it is already beginning to grow!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks ya'll! It is good. I just turned in the paper work to have $50 every 2 weeks from my pay direct deposited. I got a raise recently and that is about what the difference is in my check so I figure I will live as though I never got it and let it add up!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Way to go! Miss our buttons. Congratulations and it's adding up already. Actually quite a jump in such a short time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Automated Savings!

thanks ya'll! It is good. I just turned in the paper work to have $50 every 2 weeks from my pay direct deposited. I got a raise recently and that is about what the difference is in my check so I figure I will live as though I never got it and let it add up!
Automating your savings is a great way to start putting money away. I have found that it is the easiest way to start saving! I use an online bank account and transfer the money each month.

It is amazing how our psychology works with money we never see. If you automate your savings, especially with direct deposit, you never miss it. It also just keeps building up!

Starting an automated savings plan is a really good way to get ahead. and yes money in your checking account just disappears!

Great job on getting started, I hope you are able to save a bundle!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts