Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow what a week its been for me. First FULL week of work since the 3 week break I had. One week of vacation is just enough to get your chores done that you cant b/c you're at work and then relax a little. Two weeks lets you relax alot but 3 weeks totally throws you off of any schedule or routine you ever had! :lol:

Tonight after work, I plan on: folding the other half of the laundry that I never got to finish earlier this week, check in on the budget/finances (trying to hold off on the BIG grocery shop/restock thing - depeleting everything I possibly can first!), swim tonight, tackle the clothes monster again and watch a DVD I borrowed.

There's not an awful lot of time between after work, dinner, swimming and bedtime so I better leave on time today (to come home) and hop right to it!

What are you planning to do today? Have a good day y'all! ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Work work work! This is our first week back from Christmas break, too. I am working then going to the grocery. Made a list last night of things to fix that go with stuff we already have on hand. Then, probably will just sit home and read, maybe watch a little tv while hubby and daughters attend a high school basketball game. Tomorrow, I work at my second job. Yippee!:cents:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I'm going to Walmart and PM a competitor's ad for peanut butter and get 10 FREE jars of peanut butter. I have 10 coupons. I'm happy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm working from 7:30 - 4:00 today. We are studying Scotland and a bagpiper is coming. We are, also, making shortbread cookies this morning.

After work I have to stop and buy some sort of work mask because I'm going in to work tomorrow to clean my classroom and I'm highly allergic to dust.

We're making Chicken and corkscrew pasta for dinner and just chilling tonight.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I go back to work on Monday(have been "off" since 12/29, but have done some perdiem work and went in yesterday to get all the paperwork ready for Monday)...so today is a "no drive" day. I want to get the house all spic and span(( have a VERY tiny single-mom house, it doesn't take long!), organize a little and enjoy my freedom.
That's what I have PLANNED...however I'm sitting here, still in my pj's, posting on FV :p

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Finish prep for a Surprise 50th birthday party we're hosting on Saturday night. Do a mega shopping. We've been living off our deep freezer and pantry for the last 3 monthes and are out of everything.
Have my list broken down between dented cans store, BJ's big box warehouse and the veggie stand.
Need to go to post office and send off 2 boxes to my Amish friends up north.
Want to spend an hour working on my magazine pile. Its a monster that has grown to huge proportions over the hoildays.
Off to dance group this evening, need to bake a goodies for that.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I'll be doing some laundry, paying bills & menu planning for the next week! I love Fridays, because if I stay on schedule...all of my house work is done for the week!

I have a gift certificate I want to use, so I think I will haul my butt to the mall. Since I don't buy "new" things anymore...going to the mall has become more of a chore than an enjoyment! But it is the only place I can use this GC.

Tonight is "date night" with the hubby. Kids are going to the grandparents house, so we will have the night to ourselves! Don't know what we are going to do yet...but it'll be fun to spend some time together!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Nice and relaxing Friday night for me. A friend is coming over at 6 to scrapbook until 9:30. Then she, BF and I are going to the movies to see Juno at 10 (free passes!).

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I'm reorganizing my house. 2 rooms anyway and decluttering everything
(almost in one room ) Its been the junk room since we moved in and I'm dejucking)
We figure it will finally be done by Sunday night.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Putting in my last day of daycare. I am so looking forward to not working again. Well, not working on a job anyway.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I am playing with my new Singer electronic sewing machine that I just received. I am trying to learn how to use it. Yesterday, I got on it and before I knew, 3 hours had passed by. Just like being on the internet.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Meeting up with a friend at 10 am for coffee. She wants me to help her with a new business idea she has. I also need to ship out a few Ebay sales. Then home to clean, workout and prep dinner. Dh is taking DS to dance from 5-7 and DD#2 and I are going to watch DD#1 perform at a black box theater tonight. If we get home early enough we may watch a dvd from the library and off to bed!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm tying up lose ends in our business office. Probably visiting my mom. Waiting to hear from my sister in law if the lake by her house in Wisconsin is still frozen enought for ice fishing tomorrow. I hope so, my boys are really looking forward to trying ice fishing for the first time. Buying rocket engines so if we do go we can shoot off the rockets the boys made on the lake.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Let's see:

*Do laundry (one load in dryer and one in washer as I type this)

*Vacuum the house

*Finish up the grocery list for tomorrow's shopping trip

*Make banana muffins so the bananas don't go to waste

*Run to the store for a few things for tonight's dinner (we just got back from vacation last Sat. night and I didn't have much time to make up a list, so I am a few things short, but it's the first time all week I've needed to do it, so I'm proud of myself)

*Cook dinner (hot dogs, baked beans, and chips--Fridays are always simple meals around here)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Well, nodmicks, I'm with ya. Home sick again.

I'm laying low, but I do want to get some laundry done and put away while the kiddoes aren't here.

I also am going to bake some more cookies and muffins for snacks for the kids.

I'm going to make a grocery list for tomorrow's shopping.

And then I'll just be laying in bed, drinking tea, taking my medicine, watching tv, and resting.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I walked this morning, am getting ready to head off to the store, and then my hair appointment. Back home to do supper and relax.Have a great day all!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Before I took my daughter to school today I had to get a money order for her school book order, took her through McDonalds drive through and got her to school 20 minutes late

Stopped by store and picked up a few things....$50 yikes

I'm cleaning house today

As soon as I get my daughter from school we're relaxing tonight :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts