Frugal Village Forums banner

Finally Friday

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  nwmissourigal 
#1 ·
Well here it is the end of the week and I still need 2 or 3 more days to get things done. Why is it I run out of days before I run out of to do list? Anyone eles have this problem?

Up this am at 5am DH was up and banging around kitchen so I got up with him
Dressed, Bed made and 2 cups of coffee down
Sent him off to Plant City - last day on that job he's got the punchlist! Hurrah! Its a short one.
Got one load of landry waiting on bed to fold and another washing and drying
Weather here is chilly this am around 62. But will warm up into the high 70's.

Todays list after getting DD up fed and off to school includes Finishing some yard work - ran out of time yesterday. Finish invoicing paint job in Sarasota.
Take a load of idea books over to local historical society. They came to me throught freecycle and I've taken out what I want and the girl there is gonna glean and pass. Need to write a reply letter to penpal in Kentucky. Post some items on freecycle from last cleanout. Go to dented can store for a few things. Throw a roast into crockpot for supper. No dancing tonight. DH hurt his foot on jobsite yesterday, stone bruise so it'll be a quiet night at home, I hope.

Laurie in Bradenton:wave2:

See less See more
#2 ·
Today I am off work, but have lots to do.

1. Go to Post Office to mail some stuff
2. Pick up one of DDs Christmas presents
3. Laundry
4. Clean office and pick up house
5. Clean out van

#3 ·
Today I am off to a friends house but I first must:

Let the dogs out
Give dogs fresh food and water
Make Bed
Double check I packed what I needed
Go to PO to pick up certified letter I missed yesterday
Drive to the friends house for the weekend

Have Fun! :)

#4 ·
I have a doc appointment today to have a nerve study done on hands and feet. After that off to doc with Chris to let my mom look at a knot above his eye. Kids have to do dishes, take out trash, sweep & mop kitchen, hallway and bathroom. Also they need to do their rooms at some point this weekend. No schooling today since I will be gone for a good part of the day. Cook dinner tonight and just be lazy after that.

#6 ·
Still tired from yesterday. My father had to be rushed to the hospital. He is 76 and has too many problems to list. Spent hours and hours in the emergency room with him, until they took him up for tests and then his room. My mohter stayed at home she is too nervous to go to the hospital with him. It is easier on me for her to stay at home. Today is going to be a busy day. Actually it already is. Up at 5am had breakfast with DH. Coffee and toast. 3 loads of clothes all in cold water, only used dryer for towels, hung the rest. cleaned and straightened out house. Still have to go to work in an hour. Will work until 6pm then will drive to hospital to see dad, and pick up mom who will take a taxi there. Thank God I dont have to think about dinner. Plenty of leftovers. Maybe tomorrow will be an easier day, but I doubt it.

#7 ·
Today I need to:

Wash a load of linens and towels
Sweep kitchen and bathroom floor
Vacuum rest of house
Declutter sewing/craft/junk room :)
Read a few more chapters of The Footprints of God by Greg Iles, great action adventure book by the way.

#8 ·
It's gonna be much cooler here today (around 57 or so). I'm trying to get in gear but no luck so far.

A few things I'd like to get done today:
~strip the bed, wash the sheets, re-make the bed
~1 load of towels
~damp mop the floors
~continue the home owners insurance comparison shopping

I'm really tired....thinking I may not get all of that done, even.

Hope everyone has a really productive, frugal day. :wave2:

#9 ·
Laurie, I always run out of hours before I run out of things to do, so in turn I run out of days before I get all my stuff done LOL!

Jinx, I will keep your father in my prayers.

My goal today is to clean off my desk area and to declutter the shelves in the kitchen. I have four shelves that are about 3-4ft long and 6 inches deep. Being that I have no counters or cupboards to put things, these tend to get cluttered with medications, and other things I like to keep above the little one's reach.

I also need to:
~fold all the laundry & iron my uniforms
~install ds' new carseat
~pick up dd's friend for a playdate today
~load & run the dishwasher
~strip my bed, wash & remake it

And all four kids are off from school today so I need to maintain my sanity :lol:

#11 ·
Morning all-
Jinx, I too will remember your father in my prayers...

Up at 7:30 this morning-slept in as DS didn't have school.
Have finished decorating and bagging my cookies for the weekend..
Paid the bills.
Still have to do a general pick-up and go the bank.
Supper tonight is fend for yourselves as DH and I are going out to dinner and then to Home Depot to pick up some gutter things.
Weather here is glorious! Sunny and in the 60 degree range. Pretty warm for Maine in November.
Have a great day all!

#12 ·
Feeling much better this morning! I still have the stiffles but no dizziness today so far and none yesterday. Got up with hubby at 6:15 and made breakfast for us and packed his lunch and sent him off to work. I've washed and hung out 2 loads of clothes, loaded the dishwasher and washed the rest by hand, sorted cook books and dusted in the kitchen, ran the sweeper in the kitchen, fed and watered the cats. Still want to steam clean kitchen floor, make the bed, take laundry down and fold and put away, bake a pie, fix dinner and walk for at least 20-30min. I'll get some reading in on the rest times!:rollsmile

#13 ·
Good morning. It's another sunny mild day here. So, I hung out laundry. Might as well take advantage!! LOL

Already done:
Get dressed
Sort & wash a load of laundry
Prepare breakfast & lunches
Make coffee/tea
Check email
Lunch/dinner prep
Wash dishes/run dishwasher
Clean table & counters
Reboot laundry
Make bed
Tidy bedroom
Tidy livingroom
Feed kitties & change water
Take allergy med & vitamins
Shower
Wipe sinks & toilets
Spray shower
Makeup, hair, jewelry
Make to do list
Reboot laundry
Clear a hotspot
Take trash out
Load/Unload dishwasher
Balance checkbook
Wash cat dishes/change placemat
Clean computer hard drive
Clean out purse
Clean up laundry room
Scoop cat box
Plan next weeks menu
Pay bills

Still to do:
Mop floors
Vacuum
Work on recipes
Clean off desk
Fix & eat lunch
Dinner prep
Plan tomorrow's meals
Clean up kitchen
Get coffeemaker ready for morning
Fold & put laundry away
Sort mail
Set table for dinner
Clear a hotspot
Light candles
Make dinner & eat
Load dishwasher
Wash dishes
Shine sink
Put clean dishes away
Clean counters, table & appliances
Change towel & dishcloth
Set out meds
Put out coffee cup
Check calendar/to do's/menu
Put any dishes/glasses in dishwasher
Shine sink
Clean off dining table
Make sure kitchen is clean
Put shoes away
Lay out clothes for tomorrow
Brush teeth
Wash face & moisturize
Reset routines

My meals for today are:
Breakfast was cereal, toast & pears
Lunch will be leftovers
Dinner is shrimp scampi, baked potatoes & a veggie and pudding for snack

I might run to Riteaid after lunch for some sale items.
We are all going to Sears tonight after dinner to take advantage of a sale.
DH works for Sears so we get additional discounts too.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

#15 ·
So far this morning: Quick tumbling a line dry load
emptied dish drainer
coffee

Still to do: get ready for work 11-3
breakfast
fold and put away load
go to work
Bank after work (woo-hoo payday !!)
Home and make dinner
dishes and declutter

I did my deep clean yesterday and I have been declutting and organizing every day for a week. I'm in a organizing frenzy, and it feels great.

#16 ·
Update:

I've cleaned all the shelves in my kitchen, cleaned out the fridge & scrubbed the inside. Dirty laundry has been brought down to the basement, my bed is stripped & bedding is in the wash right now.

I still need to clean the top of the fridge & clean my desk :ack:

G
#17 ·
Wow Dawn, I'm tired just from reading your list!

So far I have:
*Showered and got dressed
*DS let me sleep in until 9:30am today (couldn't believe he went back to sleep after he woke up at 7am, but I'll take it)
*Took DS out to have lunch with my Mom (she needed to show off her first grandchild to everyone where she works)
*Got the mail

I'd like to get a load of laundry done, but I'm not sure that will happen. This is the second day in a row that DS has been woken up from a nap by a grandmother, so he's yawning and quiet but not sleeping. I'm hoping he'll go down for another nap, and if he does, I'm taking one too!

#18 ·
Alot of the stuff on my lists are normal everyday things that I do out of habit!
It doesn't take me that long to do the normal daily stuff, it's the other things i put on my list that take me longer!! LOL

#19 ·
I worked all day at the surgeons office I work in. But this is a special weekend for me because my dh is hunting all weekend and I get the whole house to myself for 3 days....woo hoooooo.....nwmissourigal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.