Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got an interview for a nursing job. I have been working as a nurse manager for about 15 months in a job that I dislike. I have been applying for clinical nurse jobs for the past 6 months with not even a phone call. Finally I get a call for an ER nurse position close to home. I am excited but also apprehensive. This would be a new specialty area different than my 11 years in OR nursing so I am excited about learning something new. The shifts would be 12 hr shifts as opposed to my 10-11 hr work days which would be nice. It would be nice to have more days off since I currently work 5 days a week. I know it will be less money so I am holding my breath to see how bad of a hit I will take. We'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
congratulations!

·
27,948 Posts
Hoping the job is all you want & more.:)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Best of luck! Maybe it will turn into a dream job...never know

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Good luck!! :)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Oh Arnie, that IS wonderful news. I think it's awful that someone with your level of nursing experience is having difficulty finding a job, especially when all we hear is about the nursing shortage.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. I knew all my FV friends would appreciate the news. DH will not be as appreciative- he doesn't understand how anyone would leave a job that pays good for one that pays less. My sell of course is that I do everything for everyone else, and have little time to get it all done due to my work schedule. Plus, to me, it's also about being happy with what you do and getting a sense of satisfaction from it. I eagerly await Wednesday....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hope the interview went well. I was laid off from a Family Practice office and out of work for 13 months. Sent my resume everywhere, sat for numerous interviews, numerous emails thanking me and informing me either I did not meet their qualifications, or the job had been closed. I finally interviewed and was hired on the spot at a LTC facility [that should have been the warning for me]...almost a year later I decided I could not continue any longer in my position and began putting out resumes...long story short, I rec'vd a position at one of my states psychiatric hospitals. I have taken a slight pay cut, but for me and my family the pay cut was worth it. I am now 'living', less stressed, and not crying as frequently as I was. Sometimes its not about the 'money', it's about the happiness, and ability to get thru your shift without feeling like you are going to collapse. Best wishes to you!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good luck and keep us posted!

9 years ago my dh left a job after 20 years with the same company. He took a serious pay cut. The trade off? 60+ hours a week with no o/t pay for 37.5 hours WITH o/t pay. More time spent with our growing boys = priceless!

·
27,948 Posts
Good luck today!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for the support but..

Thanks everyone. I have to tell you that I am a bit deflated right now. I am afraid that the pay cut is way too big. In fact, I almost excused myself during the first part of the interview with the recruiter before I even met with the nurse director. Now I have to say that job hasn't been officially offered- but I know there's no way I can take it at the current pay offered. I feel like I wasted my time today- although I would never have known unless I went.... Oh well, keep looking I guess.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.