Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swore I would never do it, but I'm getting rid of the books! Okay, not all of them, but a pretty hefty chunk. I was aiming for half but so far it's only a quarter. I haven't gone through the children's books yet though, and I think I will make a second run at the adult books.

Now that I've let go of them, I need to find someone to take them. I'm trying to sell them on kijiji in lots and have contacted a used book seller with a list. Hoping we can get something for them, but at the same time do not want to be tripping over them for months.

I'm just so sick of stuff. Didn't think we had very much until I moved and had to find a new place for everything. Now I feel like I'm drowning in it.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Try selling them in lots on Ebay? The listing is free, unless you sell...

Or trade them, or donate them.

Try your local old folks home, friends of a library sale, hospital, VA center, doctor's office waiting room, project headstart center, church sale, church school,

Find your local paper artists and see if they want them for book art.

Good luck!

Judi

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Wishing you luck as you pare down the book collection. Hope you can sell them quickly!

I'm in the decluttering mode myself, but haven't made much progress w/my books yet.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Good for you! I made that decision a few years ago. Just too much. I didn't bother to sell them, just gave to family and donated the rest. Just kept my absolute favorites and never missed the rest.

Went from a huge bookshelf and several books in my room to one small shelf all neatly organized. :)

The kids books are in their rooms.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've done that many times. It's like getting rid of your pets! I don't buy a book unless I know I'll read it many times again, but when I run out of room, something has to go!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Books are one of the hardest for me to get rid of. But this summer I was able to let go of more than half and I haven't missed one yet! Good for you! :)

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I had a lot books and when i movedfrom country back to town i gave some to gw.Then i move to another apt. and on one floor is a libary with all kind book and vcr tapes dvd tapes puzzles magazine we can borrow and use i took some of the books had left and new magazines up there.One of my daughter brought down a lot magazine i took up there and when i came home from her house in SEpt.i brought a lot took up there.We also have a table up there where if any one has things that good that they don't want we put it on the table and it gone in a little while.I haven't got anything from the table but i have took things up twice.Sorry about high jacking the post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.