2 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce

2 tbsp olive oil

1/2 tsp sesame oil

1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger

1 clove garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder​
Serves:
3 to 4​
Directions:
Place the peeled, deveined shrimp into a one quart ziploc bag.

Whisk together all the other ingredients in a small mixing bowl.

Pour the whisked mixture on top of the shrimp in the ziploc bag. Seal the bag and work the shrimp around with your hands to coat all the shrimp in the sauce.

Marinate in the refrigerator for one hour.

Thread the shrimp onto skewers, or put in a hot grill basket/pan thats been preheated on a hot BBQ grill. Cook for 1 to 3 minutes per side, depending on shrimp size. Shrimp are done when no longer translucent and feel firm to the touch. Do not overcook.

These are spicy but so good!​

·
Registered
663 Posts
What if you can't afford the shrimp that's big 'nuf to skewer? Would this work if you did it in a pan on the stove top?

This sounds great w/o jalepeno - they give DS horrible hiccups!

TY!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I can't see why you can't sautee them quickly in a pan...just lightly oil your pan before tossing the shrimp in. :)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What if you can't afford the shrimp that's big 'nuf to skewer? You could try and experiment with smaller ones in a pan :DWould this work if you did it in a pan on the stove top? I don't see why it wouldn't work but put your stove vent on and don't breathe the fumes. You will want to have doors/windows open for ventilation. The hot fumes are irritating to your lungs. Don't do this if you have anyone in your house with twitchy lungs.The sriracha sauce is made from chilis and it is hot. As hot as good hot pickled jalapenos. If you're going to try cooking this with small shrimp in a pan, I would do it in an old pan outside on the grill so you don't have to deal with the fumes in the house.

This sounds great w/o jalepeno - they give DS horrible hiccups! This probably will give him the hiccups too. Most likely its the capsaicin in any hot chile that's overstimulating his nervous system and causing hiccups.

TY!
:sun: :rollsmile

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
This sounds really good! I'm assuming I would find Sriracha hot sauce in an Asian grocery store?

·
27,948 Posts
You can find the sauce in most grocery stores. Walmart has it in their Asian section and at a very reasonable price. Dh loves it and we are never without one in reserve.
Thanks for the recipe, I'd have to cut back on the fire but dh can have his fully loaded.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
This sounds really good! I'm assuming I would find Sriracha hot sauce in an Asian grocery store?
Yes ma'am :)

I don't find cooking with Siracha that dramatic as the OP mentioned...but again...I grew up with that type of cooking. But definitely go easy on it when you're first starting so you can see exactly HOW hot it truly is for you. Its hotter then most hot sauces.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't trying to go for dramatic but I guess I see how it came out that way :) I have asthma and I have caught a lungful of the fumes before and it can be quite irritating. Just looking out for anyone who cooks this and has an asthma sufferer in their house.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts