Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep really.

It's been about 2 years and we get to go out on a date on Friday!! I am sooooooo excited. Our boys are going to a lock in night at church and we got a babysitter for our daughter.... you don't get it - we NEVER get to go out. Our ADHD son makes it impossible to get anyone to watch them, and he is nowhere close to responsible enough to be alone with his siblings anytime in the near future.

We are going to a nice restaurant (not frugal, and I don't care!) - it's one of those little tiny places that you have to make online reservations for and the chef comes and talks to you at your table. I've never been, but I have heard MARVELOUS things about it!

Then we are going to Barnes and Nobles and we just get to browse and pick some books and sit in the comfy chairs, maybe get a frappacino......

Ok - for those who get to go out with the spouses regularly, you probably think I've lost it.... but this is a huge deal for us. We've never lived near family and we don't stay in one place long enough to develop a babysitter relationship with anyone......

yipppeeeee!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Sound wonderful have a great time.

·
27,948 Posts
Have yourselves a luxurious, wild, indulgent time!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Traci - you two DESERVE to go on a FANCY SCHMANCY date!

Enjoy your quality time together and get re-connected. Wanna see how hard it is to NOT talk about the kids while you're out? :p

Dates like these are why you're frugal - this is the reward for working so hard.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
I hope you have the most wonderful, unfrugal ;) night ever. I love fancy restaurants.

We never get to go out either, so I totally understand. Although, we've gone home once a year for a visit and always had a night out, so it hasn't been quite so long for us.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Aww, how wonderful! Enjoy your special night out! :flowers:

(P.S. I know you want to move, so c'mon out to Colorado and I'll babysit for you anytime! :D)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Enjoy your night out together!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Have a wonderful time! The restaurant sounds lovely...

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I get it. My parents are nearly an hour away so it's not convenient to get them to sit and we have no babysitter. So yeah, I get it.
Enjoy your gowns up's only night :)

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I get it, too. Been there.

Enjoy every minute of it, Traci!

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I think this is wonderful! It's important to have that couple time with no kids around, to reconnect with each other as more than just "mom" and "dad".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts