Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night was the 1st night of sitting with my mil's dad at the assisted living facility... It was great, went very smoothly... He had fallen the night before so is very sore due to that so pretty much laid in the bed, but he did get up for about 1/2 hour and sit on the side of the bed and we watched baseball... :lol:

He had a stroke a few months ago so talking is hard at times, he will say a few words perfect and then starts not making sense at all, but if you listen closely you can pretty much make out what he is talking about.. He told me i was a joy and a blessing for coming to see him :)
He tried to tell something funny a couple of times but starting just slurring but we laughed anyway.....

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Vickie,
I think it's wonderful that you are there for him and I'm sure it does bring him great blessings and comfort.:angel:

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Vickie, opportunities like these are blessings to both people in many ways, looking foreard to hearing how he blesses you in return!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Vickie, you really are a blessing!
It means so much to the elderly to have someone take time out of their day to just sit and visit with them. I'm sure you have touched this man in more ways than you can imagine!

:angel2: to bless you both!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
What a blessing you are to him Vickie.

I am glad everything worked out.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I am glad to hear it is working out so well!!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts