Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw my new OB yesterday. He was actually really nice. Like I was expecting an ogre, lol. You just never know:) In any case we had a long chat before we got down to business:) He moved my due date to Oct. 10 tentatively and scheduled me for an ultrasound in four weeks. I was kind of surprised but I'm not going to complain. He asked if I planned on pain meds/epi, etc... No clue really. That's several months away and I certainly don't want to think about pain now, lol. He also suggested a planned induction because my labors go so fast (two to ten in forty minutes with ds and two to ten in forty-five with dd). Once I get going, I get going. He said he'd hate for me to birth the baby in the car. I've been through one induction and it wasn't fun. I labored all day with dd and then dilated super quick after they broke my water. Ds practically fell out after the doctor left the room, lol. I feel much more educated now than I was seven years ago and I'm not really interested in an induction. Unfortunately, he's probably right. Ds was born not long after we left the house...not long enough for comfort anyway. If we were in rush hour traffic, who knows what could happen. In any case, still months away and plenty of time to think about it.

Otherwise, all looked healthy and good. He gave me an antibiotic for this sinus infection I have. My first antibiotic in five years:) I'm still not feeling grand so I hope it's doing it's job.

I'll have another update in four weeks.

It looks like our surprise is doing great:)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
What great news! Such an exciting time!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Congratulations! Are you going to try and find out if it's a girl or a boy?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Glad everything went well for you! We haven't decided if we're going to go to a dr. here or if we will just wait until we move back to the states. Not really sure what they do for pre-natal here.

I was technically induced with both of mine....#1 because labor wouldn't progress and my water broke on it's own, #2 because I was in so much pain I didn't want to wait for her to come on her own...lol. They're not a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Glad everything went well for you! We haven't decided if we're going to go to a dr. here or if we will just wait until we move back to the states. Not really sure what they do for pre-natal here.

I was technically induced with both of mine....#1 because labor wouldn't progress and my water broke on it's own, #2 because I was in so much pain I didn't want to wait for her to come on her own...lol. They're not a lot of fun.
I think for piece of mind I would at least consult with someone there... just to make sure everything looks ok. JMHO.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations! Are you going to try and find out if it's a girl or a boy?
I would like to just for the sake of the budget, lol. AJ was born in April and Kayla in December so two different seasons and October down here is not like October back home so we have some stuff we'll be able to use, but a lot of stuff will be off season no matter what sex we have. We didn't find out with either kiddo and dh doesn't want to with this one. He said I could if I could keep it a secret. I can't help but think he would notice the pink or blue stuff, lol. So I don't know yet what we'll do. There are a lot of consignment sales in September so it would be really nice to know, but a surprise is nice. This baby is a surprise afterall:)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I second getting checked out there first. When are you planning on moving back here to the states? What is medical care like there?

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Glad to hear your new doc sounds like a good guy. Having a doctor you are comfortable with is so important!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I second getting checked out there first. When are you planning on moving back here to the states? What is medical care like there?
We move back May 15th, so I'll be like 18 weeks (I think). My midwife from Maryland was pretty lenient on the first appointment. As long as it was somewhere between 7 and 11 weeks so we could get an accurate ultrasound to verify how far along. The medical care here leaves a lot to be desired. Many doctors will tell you that something is wrong with you just so you will keep coming in for treatment (more money for them). I would hate for them to say something is wrong when there isn't. That's why I'm hesitant to go. Plus, the hygeine isn't the best so I refuse to do an interal us, so I don't know how much they could see at this point with a traditional us.

Anyway....sorry to hijack your thread!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Gee, it takes me a month to get in and see an OB for my first visit (at least it did with my first three)! Maybe things are different here in this area. I am getting some recommendations for a good OB before I make an appt. The one I heard such good things about is semi-retired, so I'm not sure if she's taking new patients or not. My mil works as an auditor for the hospital, so I am going to ask.

And yes, I am going to find out if it is a boy or a girl. It doesn't really matter since we have boy and girl clothes, but I like to be prepared!

I think one of my first questions will be: 'Are you going to ask me if I want my tubes tied while I'm on the delivery table? 'Cause the answer is NO!' LOL

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now that's one question the doctor didn't ask, lol. Maybe it's because I'm still considered pretty young. I don't know. That's just such a permanent decision. I don't know how people can make it. I mean I understand when you can't or shouldn't or don't want more kids, but how do you know when your family is complete?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts