Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One week ago it was snowing. Two weeks ago we had a foot on the ground and record cold temps.

Today it has hit 50F! I went out to enjoy the sun and what do I see? My hyacinths peeking through the ground! A few crocuses and tulips are coming up too.

Can't wait for spring to really arrive (because this week's weather is just a tease).

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
One week ago it was snowing. Two weeks ago we had a foot on the ground and record cold temps.

Today it has hit 50F! I went out to enjoy the sun and what do I see? My hyacinths peeking through the ground! A few crocuses and tulips are coming up too.

Can't wait for spring to really arrive (because this week's weather is just a tease).
I'm so jealous I'll I see still is snow snow and more snow. It will be a while yet before I get to see some spring flowers even start to peek through.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
The weather's been ok here, but it's about to drop 15 degrees and stay that way for the rest of the week. Yuck. I can't complain, though, since a lot of the nice weather is melting the mountains of snow around the house. There's still a good three feet worth to melt, though, and when it all does melt it usually refreezes on the sidewalk.

:dead:

I gave up trying to break the ice past the driveway. Every time I do and the weather gets nice, it melts the 3 foot tall wall of ice that the city left on the street right onto the sidewalk.

·
Registered
120 Posts
50F?!!? it was so hot I had to *gasp* crack a window today.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I had my window down today driving. It's suppose to be warm all week. So glad and can't wait for all the snow to melt in our front yard. Our house faces North and there is still a pile of it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Last Monday I actually sat outside at lunch time without a coat and with my face in the sun just soaking in the bit of warmth. It wasn't all that warm but out of the wind - it was glorious!!!!!!!
Of course after that it rained for days and was really cold again but that little bit of Spring really cheered me up.

Yesterday while feeding the chickens I saw a beautiful bud on one of my hydrangeas (sp?) - it was quite big too.
Just hope it doesn't freeze again.

Yes, spring is in the air!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have to admit,that one mild day got me into a better mood.Started somes seeds indoors.Colder today but milder the rest of the week.Just one day and so much snow has gone already,by the time it gets cold again most of this should be gone. 3 weeks till,daylight savings time,gotta like that!

·
Registered
955 Posts
This little tease of spring felt wonderful after our blizzard! Most of our snow has already melted off, but slow enough not to cause flooding.

Saw a flock of robins this week.

Need to go check out my forsythia to see if the buds are swelling yet.

·
Registered
11,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I won't start seeds for another 4-6 weeks yet, but I put garlic in yesterday. :)

Today if it is still nice I am going to start cleaning last years debris out of the beds. DH wants to get weed barrier down before the grass starts coming back. Last year he was too busy to mess with it and we got overwhelmed with weeds.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Here in Indiana dh & I went for a walk yesterday with our dog and we saw some robins!!!!! It was a lovely day yesterday 57 and sunny! whooo hooo!!!! I'm loving it!!!! Also I had a big orange and black bug in my kitchen it flew in from outside I don't know what it was. I usually see them in the fall by our pond. I also saw flies outside.

·
Registered
394 Posts
My crocus, daffodils and tulips have made their presence known above ground. I also have many tiny little buds on my azaleas and some have just barely cracked open to show a shocking pink color inside. I am so ready for the sunshine!!!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Robins in the yard..Even had a crawdad walking down the sidewalk the other night when I came in from work..Mud everywhere and water out of the river so spring is comming..Some easter lillys in bloom..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.