Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm entering my 12th week and will be 12 weeks exactly on January 8th. It's been one heck of a first trimester: moody, exhausted, less talkative, no motivation to clean house or cook, food aversions, and a sense of nausea that comes and goes all day (haven't been sick yet-knock on wood). I've managed to continue to work full time outside the home and keep up the appearance in public that I am fine. Dh has helped with laundry and chores or they would probably not get done on a regular basis (I am happy he's helped more, but it irritates me to think I used to do all those chores that he complains about before I got pregnant and I didn't complain as much as he does about doing them):foot:.

Did anyone else begin to feel better in the 2nd Trimester? My mom tells me that once I hit week 14 or 16 I'll start to feel much better. Does anyone remember feeling better in the 2nd trimester? More energy? Less exhaustion? were you still moody? Thanks for any and all encouragement.

Maybe it's because I'm pregnant and you can't appreciate how it feels to be until you are, but pregnant woman should be totally pampered for the full 9 months. If any man knew what it felt like to go through this, there would be few humans left on this earth!

·
2,688 Posts
I have 4 of my own, and 3 step.

My oldest one , I was so sick the first four months. Morning sickness, that lasted all day sometimes. I was lucky to keep crackers and jello down some days.
I tried to get extra water when I was pregnant. I did not smoke or drink. And rarely did I take any medicines. Then I nursed all my babies.

It does get a bit easier though. And or , you just know what to expect, so it doesn't make you pull your hair out as much........ :)

Reactions: Marie78

·
Registered
88 Posts
I always perk up about w 13 - no longer need naps, am happy, able to cook again without a foul taste in my mouth, etc. I begin feeling crappy again during the last month or so. I have a friend who remains sick m/s, tired, etc the entire time! Every body is a bit different in how it responds to the hormone rush.

I hope you begin feeling better and that your pregnancy goes smoothly.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Like Resilla said everyones PG is different but with mine I did start feeling better in the 2nd tri. (I couldn't stand the smell or taste of meat through out my second PG. I ate bagels and cream cheese everyday). I also worked through both of my PG and was very tired by the time I would get home. I hope your DH doesn't complain too much because this is only the beginning.

The 3rd is more uncomfortable again. You start to waddle and can't tie your shoes and it's very hard to rollover in bed. but in the end it is very worth all the pain and discomfort. I hope the rest of your Pg is more comfortable.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The 1st trimester I was just really REALLY tired. Not sure if I just felt better or got used to lack of sleep by the 2nd trimester. You're lucky DH helps you. Vic didn't start helping with the laundry & chores until I was 9 months and ready to pop. In fact, I was doing laundry the day before my c-section.

·
Registered
615 Posts
My DS and his GF are having the frist grandbaby and she was SO GRUMPY!!! my poor son.... I sore that her head spun all away around a few times!!! she was also tired all the time. But now she is getting better she is going into her 13th week. Man I am so glad that is over. But for me all three PG were different. Just hang in there the it will get better. Enjoy the feeling of being pregnant I miss that feeling. Wish you all of the best.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was pretty sick until closer to 18 weeks. I'm now in my third trimester and some of the naseau came back but nowhere as bad as before. I'm 31 weeks now and the baby keeps me pretty sore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts