Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about my divorce and the dissolving of my marraige, with it being the holidays and all. It has been now 5 years since I left my ex husband, and this is the first Christmas that things have been ok. The first couple I was depressed and wishing I still had the piles of extended family to spend it with. The 3rd and 4th, we had joint custody and the holidays fell during his time and it was world war 3. Last year the police ended up being called! Every year one thing was true: the only tradition was anziety and depression.

This year, we have finally settled our custody issues, we have finally managed to order things in a way the children are first and things just felt right. I went back to all of our old traditions, some of which had not been visited since before the divorce. I helped the kids shop for their dad and his girlfriend. We made gifts, decorated the house from top to bottom and had a wonderful day together, and now the girls have left to spend a few days with their dad and his family.

For the first time I am not depressed and lonely. I finally feel content. Finally after 5 years, I feel like I am over my marraige and divorce.

This feeling is peace.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
That is wonderful. Glad you were finally able to put this behind you and get on with your life.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am glad you are finally found peace. Enjoy your Christmas!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
:hugz: That must be a great feeling after so long.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
It must be a wonderful feeling.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Good for you! Sounds like you have an excellent attitude.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
It must be such a great relief for you and your kids this year. You should be proud of yourself for accomplishing so much, I know I am proud of you.

Happy Holidays :)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I am so happy for you !

·
Registered
922 Posts
I am proud of you and all you have accomplished.....you are quite the lady for handling things so well and keeping your head on straight.

Best wishes on a wonderful 2008.

Sincerely,
leezza

·
Registered
236 Posts
Recovering after a divorce can be hard. I am glad to hear you are finally over it and can enjoy the holidays with your girls again. ENJOY!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thats wonderful news, I hope you all had a great Christmas.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
yes you deffently deserve lots of peace , you and girls in your lifes. I'm glad you've had some this xmas. hhugggssss

1 - 18 of 18 Posts