Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've made this recipe many times & it's one of my favorites. Just had it with my lunch today so that helped remind me to share it with you. Flax seed is good for you and when you toast this bread the nutty flavor is so so good. This recipe can be found on numerous sites online. We grind ours using a mortar & pestle,to mainly crack the seed & do not grind finely.

Flax Seed Bread
  • 1 1/3 C warm water
    2 T canola, or vegetable oil
    3 T honey
    1 1/2 t salt
    1 1/2 C white bread flour
    1/3 C whole wheat flour
    1/2 C flax seed, coarsely ground
    2t bread machine yeast
Directions
Place all ingredients into bread machine, in order listed.

Set to basic bread cycle, on crust color of your choice.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Thanks Darlene.....I will be giving this a try.

Would like to have a good recipe for flax seed bread.........wonder about adding some chopped sunflower seeds to it too???

Love 'seed' breads...........I buy a five seed bread that is really good! Reasonable $ too-----under $1.50.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Darlene.....I will be giving this a try.

Would like to have a good recipe for flax seed bread.........wonder about adding some chopped sunflower seeds to it too???

Love 'seed' breads...........I buy a five seed bread that is really good! Reasonable $ too-----under $1.50.
Yep, go ahead and add some sunflower seeds to it. This bread rises nicely btw too.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.