Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I don't have them right now, but the people across the hall have them so bad they had to call in an exterminator. Now I am freaking out because I hate bugs. I had a treatment left for the dog, and I will be going to the vet to get a treatment for the cat. But anyone who has ever lived in an apartment knows how this works they spray one apartment they just move to the next. At least that is the way it works for ants. So I need natural smells or anything that can keep them at bay.

·
4,028 Posts
Fleas can travel a little on their own are more likely to travel by animal or people. I wouldn't let the animals come into your home and I would be careful traveling the common halls.

Fleas enjoy heat so putting a lamp on the floor with a bowl of water close to the light will let the fleas drown when they jump to the light and land in the dish.

I don't know of any aromas that would deter fleas but there are others here in the Village that know more of that then me.

I wish you luck. I have a mild allergy to fleas and have been made miserable by them many times.

Advantage Plus has better flea control then Frontline. We switched to Advantage per the vet when we were battling fleas last month. It really helped. (Frontline has better tick protection.)

Reactions: Rhiamon

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
I get good results with the cheap can of powder they sell in the pet aisle. Sprinkle it everywhere. It's cheap enough you could even do your apartment hallway if it is carpeted.

Reactions: Rhiamon

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
We have bowls of water with a drop of dish soap in it under a LED nightlights. We just leave them out and change the water once a week or so, whether or not there are fleas in the bowl. We also occasionally powder the house with DE.

One of our cats reacts to the flea meds and we have to just powder him with the DE. The DE does a decent job, but the children who are supposed to powder him doesn't always do such a decent job at remembering to actually powder him. That is part of the reason that we just leave the bowls of dishsoaped water out. No fleas in the water mean that they are doing their chore. Fleas in the water means that they aren't.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
I would flea powder the common hall way and let it sit....Fleas have to have a warm host to travel I thought I would google it.. I heard something about cayenne pepper but don't know 4 sure..Don't take any of their hand me downs rugs ect....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts