Frugal Village Forums banner

421 - 440 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
+27. I think I got a bit of a second wind. I was using a bill envie to tally my flings, but I threw it away, so this is my new, doesn't kill any trees, not clutter my house tally board, LOL

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I flung 5 items! I feel a bit slow in getting started, but I guess you've got to begin somewhere. My desk is a bit cleaner now :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
plus eleven- 11

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I've started a garage sale pile - does that count? If so, I've added 19 items! I've also set aside 9 more items to give away to a family whose house burnt down last week. These things aren't out of the house - yet - but will be soon!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
I've started a garage sale pile - does that count? If so, I've added 19 items! I've also set aside 9 more items to give away to a family whose house burnt down last week. These things aren't out of the house - yet - but will be soon!
I was counting them as soon as they were in a designated "out of the house" pile. :) I would count the garage sale items IF you intend to donate/toss them if the don't sell.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I was counting them as soon as they were in a designated "out of the house" pile. :) I would count the garage sale items IF you intend to donate/toss them if the don't sell.
That's what I'm doing. When it's over, I'm posting it on freecycle & donating the rest to thrift. If thrift won't take it, I will throw it in the trash, but it will be gone. :bolt:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Perfect! In that case, I just added 11 more items to the piles! I'm so ready to get this stuff out of here...after failing to donate after my last garage sale, I was about ready to just go all in, but my friend is planning a garage sale in a few weeks, and I figured I'd give it one more go. +11 to my total. This is fun!

·
Registered
514 Posts
That is wonderful of you!! We just gave a bunch of pots & pans to a guy who was a "dope head" & is trying to turn his life around now. He's not very bright because of his former habits, so his lifestyle is so simple (as in so simple it's harder than it should be), because he doesn't realise what he needs to go out & get.

Reactions: kmonokwe

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Good for you guys! A friend of mine heard about this family, and is collecting things to give to them from our church bible class. Its great for me - I've been wondering how to get rid of this stuff! And I am so glad to be able to share what we have and no longer need with someone who suddenly has nothing.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Oooh, do you really think so, Madhen? That will get me off to a great start!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #432 ·
Oooh, do you really think so, Madhen? That will get me off to a great start!
Go for it. I started this challenge. I can make new rules whenever I feel like it. ;) I hereby declare: items donated to a specific person or persons to assist them in overcoming a personal tragedy count DOUBLE!!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Madhen....to change the rules even better, a couple of these ladies are flinging and paying down debt at the same time. Their mini challenge is to fling whatever they can in 2 mins. and put that amount (not over $18) towards debt.

I think they deserve triple points, don't you.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
Madhen....to change the rules even better, a couple of these ladies are flinging and paying down debt at the same time. Their mini challenge is to fling whatever they can in 2 mins. and put that amount (not over $18) towards debt.

I think they deserve triple points, don't you.
How about one "fling" point for every dollar earned from a flung item and put towards debt?

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
You all realize, of course, that I don't REALLY make the rules, and you can count your flings however you feel is fair? :) I do agree, though, that flung items that serve dual purpose (help out another in need, help destroy debt) deserve a little extra "oomph" in the flinging! :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
You all realize, of course, that I don't REALLY make the rules, and you can count your flings however you feel is fair?
how do you think i got 925 flings so far! :mdance:

Reactions: madhen

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #438 ·
how do you think i got 925 flings so far! :mdance:
Just for you, TSOO, I may HAVE to lay down some ground rules! Did you count individual pencil shavings in your book bag?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Flingers are a very chatty group! I do love chatting and competition so it works out well.

I have several bags all packed up and ready for charity but I haven't flung them from the house yet. Just wait til I get going on the old magazines...my numbers will jump right up.

I have never counted flung stuff but I have weighed it before with a Flylady fling...very motivating!

Reactions: ArmyOfFive4God

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Just for you, TSOO, I may HAVE to lay down some ground rules! Did you count individual pencil shavings in your book bag?
mechanical so ha!

Reactions: madhen
421 - 440 of 1943 Posts