Frugal Village Forums banner

581 - 600 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Just.one.thing.today.... I'm slacking, but I'm sure it makes you guys happy, LOL

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
179 Posts
Finally got back on the fling wagon - 3 bags of paper. [Will count 10 for each bag.] Its amazing how many records I thought I 'needed' back in 2005 and 2006.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
Minus two for me. I stumbled into the Grocery Outlet and ended up buying two bento-type lunch boxes. They are really cool, though. :) They come with their own clip-in fork and knife! I need them. Really. ;)

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
Forgot to subtract out the books I bought at the library: two cookbooks. Pretty good deal, at $1.00 each, for The Well-Filled Tortilla Cookbook and Bread Machine Bounty, but un-flings, nevertheless.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Picked up some free cherry tones to use in the yard. Add 5 back in

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I'm up to 30 things so far this morning/last night. Will adjust siggy and keep flinging. :mdance:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I haven't been posting much the last couple days, but my fling total for them is 569. I've flung shoes, clothes, puzzles, books, garage stuff, jewelry, junk, stuff stashed since the last move.

I'm going to fling, fling, fling some more...I want to get the amount of stuff down to what I use. :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
You all are doing great :clap:. I have never been motivated more for a challenge, madhen, so thank you for posting. :)

I told Dave about this challenge, and he's totally on board for doing a complete overhaul this weekend. He wants to set the goal at 10 trash bags of stuff (to either toss or donate). I am thrilled that he is motivated. I should have a really good total come Monday morning. :D Until then...I continue to fling!

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Someone picked up an exercise mat...that's one item. Also a bag of 17 pieces of fabric was picked up. That's 18 total.

I have a mystery box with about 20 items ready to be picked up today or tomorrow too. Won't count them till they go.

Jean

·
Registered
621 Posts
Ok now, I am using brown paper grocery bags of junk mail for a weed barrier on a path I am making. The junk mail goes under the newspaper that goes under the cardboard that goes under the bark on the path.

Do I get to count the junk mail as flung even though technically it is still here?

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #593
Do I get to count the junk mail as flung even though technically it is still here?
I would count it as flung. It is out of the house and it has been successfully "re-purposed," so it isn't really trash anymore. :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Thanks! Just doing my part to prevent identity theft. Of course if anyone did steal my identity they would soon realize......sucks to be me and want to give it back. LOL:drama::bolt:

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Got rid of 7 books today, but could only count 6, because I brought in a pair of rubber fishing boots for grandson to wear in the chicken coop. They are so tiny and cute. I got them from FreeCycle though, so no cost.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i need to update my total...

·
19,119 Posts
DH is now pulling Christmas boxes from the rental spaces - went through 6 today. Threw out 22 ornaments, 4 to gift to a friend and chose 85 items for the yard sale. Also have 27 books and 57 other items for yard sale. Total today so far - 195, plus my starting 1==196. Nothing from the yard sale is coming home, so once it is boxed, it is gone!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Wow! That's great mauimagic. You are really making progress. :clap:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Flung today: newspaper, junk mail, cardboard, vaporizer, pedometer, broken plant starter cells, broken tools, lots of little metal screws, bits and who knows what. Total 145 today

Flung to date: 293

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Great job mzpepper! :clap:

581 - 600 of 1943 Posts