2,415 Posts
i miss your commentary.

you're at 1489. you have all night to beat me to the punch. :punch:

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #827
Wow, Sassyclass!!

I am hoping to get to the fridge tomorrow, so maybe I'll have a decent number of flings, as well! (Although I've been trying to be good about NOT having stuff in the fridge to toss.)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
booyah!

dance with me...
:dancing:

·
Registered
71 Posts
congrats tsoo

I just have to much stuff and not enough time...even after I get to 2009, I will still have stuff that can go. I have gotten so much better in not bringing in things. I refused to take some stuff the other day...well I took it, looked at it quick in the car and then dropped it off at the yard sale. So it never made it in and it wasn't anything that I wanted or needed

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
:pblow::pblow::pblow::pblow::pblow::pblow::pblow::pblow::pblow:

WOO, HOO! Congrats TSOO!!! You did it!

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Maybe we should have changed your challenge to 2009 things a MONTH!! :D
i'm thinking so, there is still stuff that i have to go through

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
A sad addition. As a rule, I'm not adding books,unless I'm writing them off that is. As I'm a bookseller, I have 1,000s of books and I get them out of here/for sale on a regular basis, so that seems to be against the spirit of this challenge.

However, when I throw a book out/give it away, I'm counting it. We have 3 nonworking (or only partly working) cars in the driveway. One of these had a lot of moisture show up in it last week so I decided I had to get the books out of it that were stored there.

39 books to go to the dump this week, 4 trashed as they were so wet they simply couldn't be salvaged. The readers at my town dump must think there's a gold mine, as I've been making myself only keep the really good stuff lately, I have too much of it, and too much of it is simply unsaleable, thanks to Amazon.

I added 43 items to my fling total yesterday and today, but it made me sad!

Judi

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #839
Sorry to hear about that, Judi. I have "rescued" books from dumping sites before because I hate to see them there. In the future, would your local library take them (the non-waterlogged) in donation? Or maybe you can offer them via Craig's List or Freecycle for free?

821 - 840 of 1943 Posts