Frugal Village Forums banner

901 - 920 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Ooooh, that does help! Thanks madhen! :)

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I got rid of 8 items yesterday, and I tossed a hoodie from Kathryn's room into the Goodwill bag today.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
We've arranged for my brother in law to move into the spare bedroom (aka the junk room) for two months this summer, until he's able to move into his new apartment. He's great kid, and we're excited. I've already flung 7 big items to the trash and the garage sale pile today, and I am looking forward to doing a lot more flinging in prep for his coming!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That is nice of you to let him stay with you kmonokwe and in the process you clean out another room! :)

Reactions: kmonokwe

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Exactly! I'm excited!!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I was feeling GREAT today, I left here with 4 books to go out and an old computer dock. So I left the house with 5 things to get gone...

But I got 2 tins at the thrift shop where I left the dock (-1) and I left the 4 books at the bookstore but got 3 (+1), so I'm right back where I started this a.m. ! Pfui!!! :bang:

Judi

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Probably won't be doing much flinging for the next week or so. My dad is having heart surgery and I will be at the hospital most of the time. I did get rid of my mandatory 10 items after work today. Most was just stuff from one of 2 junk drawers that need my attention. But I won't be starting anything big for awhile.
Please say a prayer for him. He's a good man.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Help me figure this out. My fiancee threw away 4 old pairs of tennis shoes, but he bought 1pk of underwear, 2pks. socks, and he bought me 9 potted flowers. Do count the shoes as 4 items or 8? Do I subtract? I'm thinking I need to count them as 4 items and then take them off the count of the items brought in and subtract the rest off of my count.So I would subtract 8 items? Help......

Cat

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #909 ·
I was feeling GREAT today, I left here with 4 books to go out and an old computer dock. So I left the house with 5 things to get gone...

But I got 2 tins at the thrift shop where I left the dock (-1) and I left the 4 books at the bookstore but got 3 (+1), so I'm right back where I started this a.m. ! Pfui!!! :bang:

Judi
Could be worse! You could be five in the hole!!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Just tossed another 15! This thing with my brother in law is going to help me tremendously with this challenge!!

Sassy, I think your math is right, if thats the way you want to count it. Its always up to you! :)

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
DH reminded me that we had a bag o' bags in the car. I gave them to the bookstore yesterday. I DID fling more than I got.

My total has been adjusted accordingly :cheer4:

Judi

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Probably won't be doing much flinging for the next week or so. My dad is having heart surgery and I will be at the hospital most of the time. I did get rid of my mandatory 10 items after work today. Most was just stuff from one of 2 junk drawers that need my attention. But I won't be starting anything big for awhile.
Please say a prayer for him. He's a good man.
I hope all goes well with your Dad. Will be sending good thoughts and saying prayers. :hugz:

Reactions: dean and kmonokwe

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Help me figure this out. My fiancee threw away 4 old pairs of tennis shoes,
I'd count them as 4 items.

but he bought 1pk of underwear, 2pks. socks, and he bought me 9 potted flowers.
By the same logic, I'd count each pair of underwear (you don't wear the package, right?) each pair of socks and, sadly each pot of flowers....

My take on this is that it's one functional unit. I gave a bag o' bags away yesteday, counted it as 1 thing. Sold 4 books, counted as four...but if I'd sold a box of books AS a box? I'd have counted it as 1, even though most of my boxes hold 20+ items.

Anyway, that's how I do it!

Judi

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Worked about 2 hours yesterday in the old farmhouse and tossed 89 things.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Thanks Judi...I think that I will have no problem meeting this challenge :D I bet I could do the 2009 items, 10 times over. I am going to be posting pics in the project a month challenge later this evening and you can see why! :)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Me too, Debbie, look at those medals! Way to go! Hehe. :D

Reactions: Debbie-cat

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I noticed them too. Where did they come from? Hmmmm. :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
61 more things gone today...in the garbage...never to be seen again! :D

901 - 920 of 1943 Posts