Frugal Village Forums banner
1001 - 1020 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Bad day...

Took 1 bag o' pinbacked buttons that didn't sell (1), one bag of leaves (1), and 1 load of rotwood (1) to the dump. Brought home 5 strainers, a funnel, and a book (-7). My total has already been adjusted, sigh.

The funnel and 2 of the strainers are immediately useful in the house, but the other 3 are not....

Judi

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
We flung another 50 things today. We've been super productive this weekend!! Getting ready for a garage sale and clearing out a room for someone to move in will do that, I guess :)

·
19,119 Posts
I have a plastic bin in the sunroom as a storage place for yard sale items that I find via daily living - this seems to be working quite well in helping clear the clutter.

Got rid of a ton of paper today.

Changed by challenges and siggy to reflect my total concentration on my health issues - doesn't mean that I'm not participating, just not keeping track so I can be clear about my focus.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Flea Market Success! (or more so, anyway!)

Today at the flea market I sold 4 paperbacks to one customer (4), gave him 2 magazines as a promo (2), sold 1 paperback to a second customer (1) who also bought the last two new knives I had (2).

Then I stopped at a colleague's store and sold him 7 Robert Jordan titles wholesale.

I bought nothing, so sixteen has been added to my total.

Judi

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
6 more things gone today. :)

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I have a plastic bin in the sunroom as a storage place for yard sale items that I find via daily living - this seems to be working quite well in helping clear the clutter.

Got rid of a ton of paper today.

Changed by challenges and siggy to reflect my total concentration on my health issues - doesn't mean that I'm not participating, just not keeping track so I can be clear about my focus.
Good for you mauimagic. Sometimes we just spread ourselves so thin and think we need to do it all. Stay focused on your health first and foremost.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Went through a lot more stuff today. Old file boxes full of keepsakes and medical information and useless old papers. Its incredible. 59 more items gone.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
We traded things today...a new chair in...the old one out. A new table in, the old one upstairs to my studio (oh well, can't have everything work out even!). However I did manage to get rid of a stool, a space heater, about 20 art books, a rug hooking frame, a large bag of garbage. I'm calling it 30 items.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,016 ·
I've been forcing myself to use materials on hand for my beaded jewelry, to decrease my inventory a bit. (I have a LOT of beads!) So I guess I can count four items "flung," as I created two necklaces and two bracelets and took them all to my craft booth this morning. ;)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
8 more items gone today. Old tent pegs, broken windows and screens. :)

Reactions: thesightofoneself
1001 - 1020 of 1943 Posts