Frugal Village Forums banner
1021 - 1040 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
One bag of leaves and one load of rotwood taken to the dump. This time, I managed to get away from there with nothing new, so 2 more added to my total!

Because of the books that sold, I'm cataloging a bunch o' books to go to the antique store tomorrow. I don't add them to my total unless they sell.

Judi

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
10 things gone today. :)

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Today is the day of our yard sale! All the things previously flung are finally getting up and leaving the house. Yay! Its very exciting. I've been pleasantly surprised at the turn out on a Friday. We haven't made a LOT of money, but we've got more money that we had before, and we're getting rid of stuff. Its a great feeling. :D

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,026 ·
Flung two BIG items today. I had an old wooden incubator/brooder and a big stand that it sat on, and I gave them both to a lady who does wildlife rescue. I felt good about them going to a good cause and even better about not having to skirt around them in my house anymore!!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
33 things gone today.
Most are going to DD#1 and DD#2 tomorrow. Will visit DD#2 and DD#1 will be there also. 2 fans, and AC, a dresser, a night stand, clothes, some "new wash clothes" I made from old towels.
Everything is already packed in the truck and ready to go.
Will be gone for about 12 hours tomorrow. 2 1/2 hour trip.
More gas then I want to use, but it's to see my girls.
Hey! This fling put me over the top, but I'm not stopping all year!!

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
I flung a box of photo albums and photo pages to someone for free. That was easily 30 items (the equivalent of 3 shopping bags). Plus I flung a piece of green carpet to someone else. Make it 31 items.

I went through a box that DD#1 dropped off for us and flung most of it. I suspect that's a net gain though. And then there's the stuff we brought in the house to organize my new sewing room. I don't think I'm counting that...it's useful stuff.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Sold 13 books today and 3 rolls of wallpaper (13) - bought 1 tiny wood/metal desk and chair (2). Net for the flea market 11 things out.

Went to the dump: 1 bag of leaves, 1 load rotwood, 10 books out (12). Picked up light bulbs, screens, 1 book (3). Net for the market 9 things out.

Judi

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
The garage sale was a great success. We made a whopping $280 - which is pretty good considering that we had very few big-dollar items. We loaded everything we could directly into the car to take to the donation drop-off at the goodwill. We've been a bit negligent, but we're hoping they'll be open tomorrow. I thought about counting those things again, since they're going to end up being donated...but perhaps I'll just throw on a low estimate. We're so glad to be getting them out of the house, finally!!!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Congrats kmonokwe! More money and less clutter is always a good thing! :)

Reactions: kmonokwe

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Congrats on meeting the challenge, Dean! Very impressive! :)

Reactions: dean

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Congrats dean!! Woohoo!!! 3009 is a big goal but the way you are tossing, it shouldn't take long! :clap:

3 more things gone today.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I flung another 30 things today! It feels good to be back at it. Still preparing for the BIL's move-in. Should be all moved in this weekend. Things are shaping up! :)

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Bought one baby rail (Sunday, I forgot it!) (1)

Today I went to the storage and got 4 boxes of books (4), pegboard (1), a typing table, (1) and tubing (1, for book packaging).When the pegboard is used, I'll mark it as flung. The typewriter table is to put my laptop on and work with around the house. At least one box of books is going to go back out ASAP to the bookstore.

I'm doing well enough clearing out the storage that I got to a wall I hadn't seen since we packed it 5 years ago. YEAH! The pegboard was up against that wall, so there's definite progress in that context. If and when I can get to the far corner on that side, I'll start moving boxes of books BACK in to that unit (the medium one).

When I first rented the storage units 5 years ago, I rented one each small, medium, and large unit. I emptied the small unit last April. The medium unit is what I've been working on, and as I said, the idea is to get through the stuff in about 1/2 the unit. When I do that, I'll organize all the stuff on that side of it and start moving boxes of books into it from the big unit (some of which I've already done) and from the house. I need to get where I have room somewhere to process books. It pretty much has to be at home as the storage units are 1)an hour from home and 2)unheated.

I took 6 books to the consignment store today. The net gain/loss is -2, darn it!

Judi

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
I took some yarn from a lady and found out it was nothing I could use. Today someone is coming to pick it up for school kids to use. So I guess that doesn't really count as anything. It was in and out!

I'm still sorting through my fabric and organizing it. Haven't flung much...but I do have another big garbage bag half full. Will see how far I get today.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Today I took 12 butter bowls to school for a class project.
Put all of my catalogs in the trash. (9)
Cleaned out another dining room cupboard. (19 things for Goodwill)
Sorted a storage container of summer patio/front porch decorations and dumped (6).

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am so in!!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Welcome to the challenge. You're off to a good start.
I can't believe how fast I was able to meet the goal and not only that, I'm still flinging.
There are several people here who are amazing with their totals.
Not to mention the bonus of an uncluttered house.

1021 - 1040 of 1943 Posts