Frugal Village Forums banner

1041 - 1060 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Welcome to the challenge luckbethislady! :wave2:

Exactly 100 things today and my exhaustion tonight is proof. :)

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
The pegboard is in the attic (1) and this stuff is going to the dump: 3 candle jars, 4 books, 1 drawer pull, 1 vase. 1 pink silk shift, 1 paper rainbow , and 1 mini crock (cracked). 13 tadded...with luck I'll come away from the dump with nothing so I have to take some back! I'm at 506 with these additions.

Judi

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Gave a bunch of file folders to a friend... It's really 100 file folders, but it feels like cheating to call it that. I'm counting it as 2 items because it's about the size of two good sized books.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Just cleaned off the top of my computer desk-10 things to the trash.
Went through a tee-shirt drawer-4 more gone-to the shed for rags. Night gown drawer-2 more for the rag bag.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
just flung a trash bag of clothes to the charity truck. bunch of pants i had pre-1st-baby that are never gonna happen again. a sweatsuit and some things dh tossed in there

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Not much flinging lately. I came down with something yesterday, and it knocked me out completely today. No fun.

We did, however, sell an old computer we had laying around today! So, one lonely fling for me today :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I hope you feel better soon kmonokwe! :)

Reactions: kmonokwe

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Talked DH into starting to clean out the shed today (boy does it need it!) I took a load of rotwood (1), a load of used oil (1), misc. tools that went to the swap shop (1), misc. metal bits to the metal recycling (1), AND an old plastic tote (1). I picked up nothing! So 5 out today.

Judi

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I used to display one of those little garden flags on a wrought iron pole-24" high. The weather took its toll and I'm not buying another one-the pole is still good and a coworker needs one. So its now hers. 1 fling.
Dh parted with a few pairs of jeans-still good, he'll never wear them again though-neighbor's DH needs them-gone-2 more flings.
Junk mail-gone-1 fling
And another junk drawer in the basement cleaned out and organized-10 more flings

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I forgot a whole bin o' stuff! So DH and I went BACK to the dump, another load of rotwood (1) an old fan (1), misc. metal (1) and a jack stand (1) along with some paper recycling, which I've never counted and won't now! We did pick up 2 things: a square metal cake pan (I use them on shelves.) and a book, so 2 more things out than in.

Judi

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
We cleaned out the shed tonight. Tossed out a desk (or what was left of it) and quite a few boxes. I'm going to call it 5 flings. DH is going through his old action figures, and I'll be adding a few more flings once he finishes. Yeah!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
My dad called they needed something to tie up their tomato plants with. (First time my parents have felt the need for a garden.)
18 old pieces of ceiling tile track gone.
Getting ready for June exercise challenge, dug out old stepper and hosed off the dust, found 3 sets of hand weights. I only have 2 hands, so I called my sister. One set for her and one set for my niece.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Everyone is doing great! Keep up the fantastic flinging! :clap:

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Flea market today: sold a poster (1) books (2) and a pair of bookends (1). Left two books (2) for a customer and 2 magazines as a freebie for them too (2). THEN I went to the bookstore and sold them a bunch o' kids books, (15). Unfortunately, I also bought books, (-7) and (-3) cards. I got paid for sales for books (3), and I by accident walked off with a book from the bookstore that hosts the flea market (-1) sigh.

All of that works out to 15 more things out than in, yeah!

Judi

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,057 · (Edited)
Started cleaning/re-organizing my deck and around the house and threw another 17 items away!! Mostly those cheap little nursery pots and a few cardboard boxes, all of which went into a recycling bag.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
DD#1 for some reason brought home a huge bucket of Margerita mix that someone had given her as a birthday gift. (She doesn't drink) so of course you give it to your mom (who doesn't drink either). So it sits on my counter for 3 weeks. One of my coworkers made the comment today that she needed a good Margerita to relax. Voila! 1 fling-I dropped it off in her car when I took grandson for his walk.
Got another basement drawer done today. 6 things gone to Goodwill. 4 for the trash.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Oops! Wrong thread! Ahhh...let's see...I sold a half a box of books to the secondhand book dealer for $12.00CAD. And I took 2 1/2 boxes to the goodwill. I've counted these books before...when they came off the bookshelf. So I'm not adding anything to my total.

1041 - 1060 of 1943 Posts