Frugal Village Forums banner
1061 - 1080 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Dump and antique store today. I'll add the qty of books sold tomorrow. I donated to a thrift shop a jewelry stand (1), took (5) books, (4) tip-up ice fishing rigs, (1) roasting rack, (3) bags of leaves, and (1) load of rotwood to the dump. I bought (-2) magazines, (-2) cat toys at an antique store, and picked up (1) tray at the dump.

Fourteen things out and 5 in, for a net loss of 9!

Judi

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
617 things gone today! Top floor of the old farmhouse done!!! :fdance:

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Thanks madhen! Now only if the dumpster was empty! I have to wait until Tuesday and everything will be gone. It is stacked up in the porch so that is why I counted everything as it is ready to go as soon as the dumpster is empty. :D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Hehe, way to go Debbie! It sounds like you are making tremendous progress on your property. Thats awesome! I, too am a bit behind, and running out of things to fling. Come to think of it, I threw out three months worth of receipts the other night, that I didn't count as flung. And, DH went through his closet and got rid of a few tshirts. Adding six to my total! :D

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
DH and I went through some old electronics gear. Ended up having to toss about 20 items that were broken and unrepairable, or were outdated. Tossed on in the pile to give away on-line.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,074 ·
Hey, peanut, I have one of those boxes, too! :) I throw all the powercords and such that I get with devices into a box, and I never think to get rid of the accessories when the device finds a new home. I always think I should purge that box, but then get worried that I'll throw something away that I'll need! Lately, when I get all the additional accessories that I don't need right away, I've been putting them in a big zip-type baggie and labeling the bag before throwing it in the box.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Phew! Madhen...yeah, I checked your total and you aren't doing so hot right now. I'm sure the pace will pick up by the end of the year though. :)

I just got rid of a box of fake fur on-line...well, a huge garbage bag full really. Don't know what to call it...hmm...about the equivalent of 5 grocery bags. Though I think it was really only about 10 pieces of fabric...scraps too...hmm...I'll count it as 10.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Gee Debbie,

Either I really want to dumpster dive at your place or hire you to clear mine out, not sure which....

Humpf. Well I sold 6 books tonight, but forgot one thing I got the other day (a recipe card file). So I have a net 5 things out.

I spent the day putting my "good" china and "party" stuff in a trunk in the attic. The empty trunk had been in the living room, taking up space and not much else. I also put the two plastic cubes that I had moved out of the kitchen (they were in the dishwasher's hole, see my pics) and filled those with dishes too!

Since we plan to make our new kitchen much smaller in area than the present one, this had to happen sooner or later, I got tired of squeezing by the trunk, and so it happened today. But i didn't fling anything, i sorta just filed a bunch o' stuff that I'm keeping.

I DID find two of the missing pairs of scissors, and DH's missing tape measure. That will keep us from buying replacements, so that's good too!

Judi

1061 - 1080 of 1943 Posts