Frugal Village Forums banner

1161 - 1180 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Geckoace - sorry about your fridge! That is no fun.

I was at home this past weekend, and my mom gave me 5 boxes full of STUFF I collected during middle/high school. Today I went through one of them. I tossed a total of 261 items!!! Tons of bday cards, old pictures, lots of paper. If it was a unique item, I counted it, no matter how small. If it was a stack of paper or similar items, I counted about 20-sheets as one item. Several notebooks full of silly notes and drawings, notes from my DH (high school sweetheart), etc etc etc. It was remarkable. And to think, that was only one box! I've got four more to go!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I know it's not much but today I threw away this weeks food circulars (can't recycle they won't take), gave my MIL a ceramic holder to hold her cell phone while it charges, recycled some plastic, and got rid of a bunch of junk mail. So I flung 4 things.

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Helped Lauren declutter/organize her room yesterday. We tossed/donated 164 items. :yippee:

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I flung an entire garbage bag of useless items today. Must have been 25-30 things. Yay! Youngest son is growing up and we were able to get rid a lot of those toys that he just couldn't let go of 6 months ago. Feels good to declutter and simplify.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Started working on computer cabinet tonight and I was able to discard 2 cds, donate 9 educational games for the computer, and tonight I have a stack of papers from the cabinet 2' high, I expect that I'll have 3/4's of that in the trash before the night is out. YAY! Making headway!!!

And I found the disc to install my son's printer to his school computer. I thought it was lost forever.

Oh and son cleaned out cubby over his closet and discarded a 1/2 a garbage bag of useless stuff!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i think i'm going to restart my 2009 so i'm back!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
We've missed you, TSOO! Where have you been? We're glad to have you back! :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i've missed you all too. i've been around. reading. just not writing.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
My girls aren't coming home for the 4th, since they will be here on the 11th for the bridal shower, and DS and his family have 3 picnics to attend (2 on DIL's side of the family and DS's boss is having one with fireworks) so DH and I will have a weekend to catch up around here and do some shower and wedding stuff and we can always throw a few burgers on the grill. Maybe even sleep in one day. I plan to clean out my computer/bill paying desk, so the wekend fling is on. I did toss 4 things today to the trash. I'm going to sort some more of the girl's stuff so they can take some more home with them next weekend.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Today I flung:

An under the sink shelf that had seen better days.

a box of swiffer dusters and 2 sticks that the mice had gotten into (yuck) I don't feel to bad though, they were free.

I gave away a bottle of gold bonds medicated foot powder. Son dislikes it.

Recycled 2 vitamins bottles and a face cream jar.

All the rest of the computer clutter was chucked last night.

8-9 things or units flung today!

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Flung 20 plant pots without bases, and cheap plastic pots small plants came in...plus a cheap plastic tray. Was going to give them away on-line, but I just wanted them out of my house and yard...NOW! I was cleaning my patio.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
2 magazines and 6 books waiting to go to the dump. Pulled books from the antique store yesterday, but they're going to the antique sale Sunday. After that, I'll take to the dump swap shop what doesn't sell.

Hopefully, I can get at least 25 books or other things ready to go out by Sunday.

I also brought home an ice cream dish, candle lantern, and a crock. I'll take all of them to the antique thing Sunday too. If they don't sell, I suppose I'll either use them in the house again or take them to the dump.

I want to get to 1009 things OUT before the end of July!

Judi

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
...up to 18

1161 - 1180 of 1943 Posts