Frugal Village Forums banner

101 - 120 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Actually I have a wooden sign that says 'Grand Central Station', I am going to hang it outside the door! :D

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i'll see you tomorrow debbie! donna you should come over too. we could bug her all day.

Reactions: Debbie-cat

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Now THAT I wouldn't mind! True friends are ALWAYS welcome!

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
for debbie? i'll use up all the material.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Three more items flung (donated to library), BUT I went to two yarn stores today, so I added TWENTY-ONE items back in!!!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Madhen and tsoo, you two are trying to sabatoge all my efforts!! :lol3: You two are too funny!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
donna!

come on

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Madhen and tsoo, you two are trying to sabatoge all my efforts!! :lol3: You two are too funny!
its the price you pay for being in the lead

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I needed another twelve skeins just to finish the sweater. (It comes in 1.75 oz skeins - teeny.) Then I needed two buttons for the sweater. Had to buy three skeins for the mosaic knitting project. So that was seventeen, right there.

I stopped off at my OTHER favourite yarn store and bought three skeins of wool yarn to work on another hat (one skein) and to make the felted flower for the first one (two skeins). The proprietor was all excited about some of the new yarns that came in (as I am one of the few yarn customers, vs. fabric customers), so we ended up looking at some nice sock yarns, and I caved and bought one skein to make socks with. Total: 21 items.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
or one: "supplies"

·
Registered
621 Posts
Finally got to have a fling day.
I was at -2.

Today I flinged, flang, flung........(donated)

dishes
magazines
clothes
knick-knacks
small appliances

total of 47 items donated
-2 where I started

I am now at 45. At least for now I am not in the negative.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Way to go mzpepper! I've been coasting the last couple days since the kids stuff has left the building. :)

I'm going to try and fling today.

Reactions: mzpepper

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
2 more things gone!

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
You know, I've been hesitating over this challenge. But I think I need it to keep me motivated here. I've been revamping my crafting/hobby information/binders and have tossed lots of stuff. I've been going through Mom's photos I inherited and tossing them by the shopping bag full. I just took a couple of boxes of clothes to the Salvation Army. And I have two boxes of books to go to the secondhand bookstore first...and then the goodwill. Plus I have homeschool curricula to sell...

I just got rid of 20+ magazines on Full Circles this week. Gave a book to a friend. DD#1 came by and took about 10 books home with her, plus food from my freezer.

So I'm going to say I'm at 31 right now...conservative estimate since the beginning of March.

Don't know if I'll reach 2009, but I'll see if I can...

101 - 120 of 1943 Posts