Frugal Village Forums banner

1261 - 1280 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,261
Went around the house and threw away things I could live without. Filled a lawn/leaf bag, so I'm giving myself a credit for 10 flings. Subtract the sewing machine, and my total for the day is nine. :)

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I have not flung much recently, today no exception. Only a t-shirt and a stack of old papers. That's it.

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Antique "flea market" today.

Sold:
2 lamps, 5 books, 11 magazines, fabric, a letter opener, the juice glasses I got yesterday, and a flower pot ornament. (+22)

Bought:

a tool box, a stool, a piece of fabric, and 3 books. (-6)

Went to the dump on the way home and left:

11 books, a lamp, and a clock (+13)

35-6 = 29 (added to my total)

Judi

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
You are over half way there Judi! Great job! :)

Reactions: Judi Dial

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
I went through my sewing room again this morning and flung some stuff...but not very much. Mostly organized it so I could actually get at the cutting board and sewing machine...which are now covered with quilt tops and blocks. :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
I joined this challenge but not officially. I am positive I have flung 2009 things since we moved. I sold 500 things in my garage sale alone.

Anyway I am going to try to fling 2009 more things this year. I want a simpler life. Not so much crap!!

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
i flung a few things this morning from my craft area as i walked around the basement shaking my head... i swear it was nice and clean down there 2 months ago and now.... junk! it sneaks up on me. got some stuff together to list on freecycle

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I wonder how well I can do if I jump in now, in August.... hmmmm.... I bet I can come pretty close to 2009.

My goal was 100 for the month of August, but that only took me one afternoon in the craft closet, so 100 was wayyyyy tooooo easy -

I'm jumping in - I'm going for 2009 in 5 months.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,272
bumplett, I think Debbie-cat and TSOO hit the 2009 mark in about 60 days, so you should have no problems. Of course, it might be that they just had a real clutter problem.... :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Yes, I had a real clutter problem! Well, technically not me but my DH! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
DH is off to get his new glasses. I made sure he took the old pair and the pair of lenses we had to donate to the Lion's Club with him. (Our eye doctor is involved with their glasses efforts.)

Two more added!

Judi

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
ive challenged myself to 15 mins/ day of decluttering everyday this week. so far so good as soon as the baby lays down for her morning nap i set my phone timer and run around decluttering and organizing things.. mostly in the basement.

i will have to extra kids here at the end of the august so i need to be ready

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
ok, I'm just curious how specific you guys are being with details.... if I toss (recycle, donate, whatever) 12 black halloween roses, does that count as 12 or just as 1 since they all are the same thing, and sorta "go together"

same with stationary, would a set of 6 cards/envelopes be 1 items as a whole, or 6, or 12

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i count each thing. so mine would be +12

+25

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I do both. I count each book, since I have so many. But the juice glasses I bought and sold this weekend I counted as one functional item, so I added and then subtracted one.

I'm counting each book because I literally have 1,000s to get rid of and I need to be aware of how many I've flung! (It's also the reason I'm going to try and fling 2009 (x 2) this year!

IHTH --

Judi

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,279
I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. I would have probably counted each rose, but counted the stationery set as one item.

1261 - 1280 of 1943 Posts