Frugal Village Forums banner

1301 - 1320 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,301 ·
Cleaned out the tack room this morning and flung 16 items (I gave myself a count of "1" for general trash, but also flung things like a shop light that didn't work anymore, old snow fencing, a couple old towels and blankets that were too dirty or squirrel-chewed to keep, some small rolls of fencing material too small or beat-up to keep for patching, etc.)

Also Free-Cycled two paper grocery bags full of books. Not sure how many, but mostly paperbacks, so I am giving myself a conservative 20 flings for those.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I freecycled a box of stuff.

+20 :)

Total 520

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
110 Posts
30 things out the door today. I plan to have a fling party this weekend :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Madhen...you really should be counting the neighbor and his dog as flings.... :)

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
flung a huge box of baby clothes to my preggo cuz. there were at least 100 things in there..

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
12 things to the dump and back to the farm stand yesterday. I picked up one thing at the dump. So 11 has been added to my total.

I have gotten ahold of two booksellers with the idea that they may take some of my paperback stock in bulk today. We'll see!

Judi

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wanna fling some of my beanie babies (not sure which ones), since I have so many but I don't know what to do with them? Does anybody have kids or relatives that collect these that would like some of them?

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
trivet
wooden bowl
8 magazines
4 tpb
3 mm
large metal strainer
suitcase
desk organizer
router
diskette file box
3 posters
1 3drawer plastic organizer unit

to the dump today. I picked up one enamel soup pot lid (-1). 25 added to my total.

Judi

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,312 ·
Great job, Judi!! Flung an old hose today, and then I walked around the pasture picking up twine and such. I'll give myself 5 points for that - picked up several bits of wire, hay twine, a few broken fence extenders, and some fly repellent wraps that the donkeys managed to get off their legs.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Yesterday was township dumpster day-maybe it was the stress I've been under, but I got rid of 16 things that were junk!!!! 10 more to the Goodwill box, and 6 things to my neighbor.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am going to see how many things I can fling today. Going to work in the laundry room and spare room on outgrown/ nobody wears anymore clothing.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
OK, antique market & dump today.

I sold the dresser, 4 paperbacks, a bowl, a hardcover (+7)

I bought :0/

3 books, a flower pot, scissors, a scale, a runner, and a canning jar. (-8)

I took to the dump:

stationery
file box
2 photo albums
a Christmas sheep
10 books
a pewter bowl
a silk garland (new)

(+17)

So, 16 added to my total.

I know it looks funny that I buy all this stuff when I'm trying to shed things...but I'm a used stuff dealer. Part of the way you make money selling stuff is to keep your stock fresh. That means you buy, sell, and cull it all the time!

Judi

·
Registered
110 Posts
36 items packed in the car for the Goodwill tomorrow.

1301 - 1320 of 1943 Posts