Frugal Village Forums banner

1381 - 1400 of 1943 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Went flinging again. Got a whole garbage bag of paperwork that doesn't need to be shredded. And a small one that does. I jammed my shredder last year i may be flinging it too.lol. Donating a ruler,sm. mirror,and some makeup. Will pop by tommorrow to Salvation A. if I get the chance. Looks like most of family has plans. I cherish those days.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,383 ·
I've decided to do a thrift store donation run, as well. FreeCycle is great, but it requires a lot more work than dumping everything in a box and dropping it off at one location!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I went to work this a.m. and then to the storage and bookstore this afternoon. I delivered the first of 30 boxes, for 59 more things out!

Thanks Madhen!

Judi

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Wow JUDY your really kickin it to the curb.
Tonight was replacement even exchange
-threw out old card table/bought new one
-broke the old shredder bought a new one(hubby willtry to fix for office)
-brought 2 new register cover and threw out old ones
-bought 4 spray bottles for cleaning chemicals (will throw out old ones.

Tired.!!! Got about 10% more on this room thenI can begin somewhere else after a short breath catching break.!!

Hey Judy, Don't say i never did nothing for ya.LOL
PIE CRUST

1. combine
-2C flour
-1/2T. sugar
-1t salt
-cut in 1 C. shortening

2. Next bowl
-1/4C cold water
1 large egg
1/2t. Vinegar
Scramble w/ fork until foamy

3. combine both into flour mixture bowl.
make dough

4.Refrigerate 2 hours
5. Roll out on wax paper.
6. To roll south to north,west to east,NW to SE,SW to NE This should make a circle. Put pie pan on top and flip over. Prick the bottom crust all over w/ fork. Put in canned apple filling w/ cinnamon and sugar to taste (easy on the cinnamon. Put your identically rolled crust on top. roll top edges over the bottom and press together (flute-make it wave w/ finger and thumb) make sure top and bottom are sealed. cut slits abot 3" long randomly in top crust. Bake according to filling. Cover w/ aluminum foil for 20 min. of the time. Make sure to have a cookie sheet uner it esp. cherry. Careful filling is like lava when it comes out. Good luck. PM me w/ any questions. This is a generational chuch lady recipe.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Finished the room other than cleaning about 7 storage tubs that used to contain JUNK that I no longer own. It's so shiny. My next fling area will probably be a linin clset or the front closet. I may take Sunday off. I have to call the dry waller later.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Donating a bunch of small notepads and stickers and 3 checkbook covers and registers. Recleaned and organized my desk. Thinking about my file cabinet. HMMM. I love my shredder.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Sold 4 books today, bought one. Thought I'd lost it and got a replacement copy and DH bought a book too. Found the "lost" copy (I'd put it in a bag) so I'm only got one more thing flung today, sigh.

Judi

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Well I had hubby fling the slide out shelf for the computer keyboard yesterday. First the drawer and now the shelf. I'm still not buying a new desk!!

Cat

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,393 ·
Blew out my flip-flops (but not by stepping on a pop-top, for you Buffet fans), so they were tossed. Can't complain. I bought three or four pair a few years ago, at about $1.00 each, and have managed to make them last until today. Not much you can do with ONE good flip-flop.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Ground up another baskets worth of old paperwork. File cabinets lookin' leaner. Have done about a garbages worth now. Still got a chairs worth to do. Threw out a metal folding chair. Can't wait until garbage pickup tomorrow and all the junk from the MIL apt. is gone.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Two things taken to the dump (a sign holder and strainers), 2 things to the gallery (a poster to be added to the yard sale donations and labels as I had some like they use to label exhibits). Only 3 things sold yesterday: curtain valances (the old ones from my office) and 2 books. :)cry:)

Seven more added to my total out.

Judi

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
A shopping bag worth of baby clothes to a neighbor on freecycle

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Cleaned out my purse last night. Most embarassing how much there actually was to clean out. Now I can close my wallet and my shoulder doesn't hurt (shrug).

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Giving myself 10 more points for the weekend. Tossed out some hangers, a shirt that I haven't worn in about 6 years (it makes me feel old to be able to say that), a good bunch of receipts and expired coupons, and probably some other things I can't remember. I am so impressed with you ladies flinging hundreds of things from one room!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,400 ·
Cleaned out my filing cabinet. I filled up a recycle bag with papers, but I'm giving myself 10 points only, because I also filled up a cardboard box that will not be flung, but will be stored down in the laundry room - my "just in case" box full of instruction manuals, some photos, lots of papers related to the house, etc.

1381 - 1400 of 1943 Posts