Frugal Village Forums banner

Fling 2009 Things in 2009 Challenge!!

71K views 2K replies 50 participants last post by  Judi Dial 
#1 ·
I enjoyed the fall fling in 2008, but now that I've flung 1,000 items, I want to see if I can de-clutter even further.

I am starting two months' late, but I am going to try to fling 2009 things this year. Just to add a twist, though, if I bring anything (other than groceries or necessary items [i.e, new hammer or something]) INTO the house, I am going to subtract it from my total flung. :) So skeins of yarn, strings of beads, new clothes, all that stuff, if it is semi-permanent, it gets counted against things flung.

As of tonight, I am at zero, and I hope to get things started moving OUT of the house tomorrow! :)

#497 ·
Okay, not a fling that I was necessarily proud of, but it WAS a fling that had to be done, I went through the fridge and flung six expired/over-the-top items of food that I hadn't gotten around to eating. :(

#498 ·
you get sick enough without eating mystery food, it was for the best:cheerup:

Reactions: madhen
#499 ·
i'm disinfecting the house, does that count as a fling, i really want my clean bubble!

#500 ·
I ended up flinging one thing last night. An toy stuffed snaked that I'm tired of fixing & had 2 holes in it. It was time to go.

#502 ·
I told him I'd make him one. If I make it, it will actually last! I made the dog a toy recently, and it's outlasted it's bought counterparts already!

Reactions: thesightofoneself
#504 ·
i'd still want my old one on principle, i'm a crybaby:eek:uch:

#508 ·
how can you get rid of mini-stockings, they are the cutest

#511 ·
Does consumption count? Too bad about the food, madhen. That always gives me a bad feeling, like I wasn't on top of things :( But good job getting rid of it, and great job flinging! I haven't been too flingy lately. I did decide yesterday to finally go through all the cooking magazines my mother in law gave me. My plan is to type up any recipes from them that look like we might eat them, and then recycle the mag. That way I don't have hundreds of magazines lying around. And, I will hopefully organize the files on my computer so that I can actually find the recipes when I want them instead of wondering which magazine that one recipe was in...Naturally, though, I only got through one magazine yesterday, so my goal is to do one a day until they're GONE! :)

Reactions: madhen
#512 ·
I took 40 bottles of unopened spices that were Full Circled to me to the church the other night for other people to help themselves. Don't know whether to count this or not. I kept 14 jars for myself. If it's an in/out thing I came out ahead. But technically it's food, so maybe I won't count it.

I did go through some fabric the other day. I have 17 pieces going out. Plus some cards, and a popcorn popper. So that's 19 items.

#515 ·
i want to get off the computer and fling but i dont seem to be moving from this seat, now if i fall off i just might go fling

#516 ·
*pushes SOOS*

Reactions: thesightofoneself
#518 ·
i'm not moving, the room is spinning on its own, i dont need to attempt to walk.

#519 ·
my driver is back with my food, its time to fling some back!

#520 ·
its been 50 minutes, cleaned the car, lets see what i can get in 10 minutes...

#521 ·
Okay, I'm back. I went through another photo album of my mother's and have half a grocery bag of photos to fling. It takes awhile to determine whether I want to keep some of these photos or not. It's really hard when it's my immediate family!

Lots of photo pages and albums in my fling pile. Need to talk to DH before actually taking them out of the house. He may want some. Then I'll run it by DD#1 and her DH...and then friends...and then...out it goes to goodwill...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.