Frugal Village Forums banner

Fling 2009 Things in 2009 Challenge!!

71K views 2K replies 50 participants last post by  Judi Dial 
#1 ·
I enjoyed the fall fling in 2008, but now that I've flung 1,000 items, I want to see if I can de-clutter even further.

I am starting two months' late, but I am going to try to fling 2009 things this year. Just to add a twist, though, if I bring anything (other than groceries or necessary items [i.e, new hammer or something]) INTO the house, I am going to subtract it from my total flung. :) So skeins of yarn, strings of beads, new clothes, all that stuff, if it is semi-permanent, it gets counted against things flung.

As of tonight, I am at zero, and I hope to get things started moving OUT of the house tomorrow! :)

#1,583 ·
FW, I enjoy your mental musings. :)

I filled two lawn/leaf bags with stuff today. I just started to clean up the clutter, especially the small mountain range starting to form on the counter under my bookcase, and every time I found anything I didn't feel needed to be kept, OUT it went!

I am giving myself 25 points for the day. Normally, I just give myself 10 points per bag, but it took a long time to fill those suckers! :D

Oh, and subtract two for the cages I brought in the other day. I never changed my sig. So 23 total.

#1,584 ·
Wow ! Everyone is doing such a great job of cleaning things out. I have 30 more items ready to go to the goodwill store tomorrow. FW you amaze me with your persistance. Keep up the good work!

#1,586 ·
Flung
-about 20 more things of old food/general junk
Finished the whole top cupboard section. No bugs or spider found so that makes me very happy.
Going to the taste fest. Should be able to do the drawers tonight/ Coming in for the home stretch?? Not looking forward to reaching all the jars off the top. Or sorting 3 tables worth of STUFF. Read ya later.!!

#1,591 ·
Finished sorting 2 card tables worth of food and have about 50 more things to dump. 5 garbage cans out to the trash again. Poor guys must despise us.
DH is cleaning his office again too. Not sure what that means but I won't criticize if items are leaving. When he gets back we will research new phones for the kids b-day's in Oct. and fling the old 3. (yeah,they are stone age).

#1,595 ·
madhen - *******...no....sophisticated *******...maybe. You haven't seen some of the properties up here! Those are true ********! :laugh:

#1,598 ·
Hello, Emptied and tossed all the food mentioned yesterday. Polished the pantry cabinets and washed the windows of the back door.
Flung the window blind but not w/o injury. Dropped 2 large pineapple juice cans on my pointer finger. Later I pulled the blind and it desintigrated throwing dust and plastic into my eye. Wrecked my shirt w/ spoiled food and clorox clean-up. Pretty sure I have dead flour beetles in my hair. Going out.
I need a break so I will wander to Big Lot for another window blind. There all of $6. I'll peek at there grocery section too.

Need to:
-rescrub floor
-Dust webs
-finish labeling drawers
-Go thru hygiene basket and sort
-sort last table of food.

It's a crappy day here. All gloomy raining and windy. Yuck. Maybe a movie slurge??

#1,599 ·
Heh, heh, heh! We flung a 4x8' UHaul trailer full of our kids stuff! We loaded it all in the trailer to go to them...along with a couple of bookcases DH made over 25 years ago. I have no idea what to count that as! It's 1500 pounds of stuff. Over 40 boxes plus miscellaneous. I think I'll just say I reached my 2009 items for 2009!

#1,603 ·
WooHoo Were all flinging fools. Got another 1/2 garbage bag to add to todays total. The clasp broke off our bannister and DD fixed it. ( one little screw tossed). She also installed my new blind. Old hardware tossed. Seeing her feeling powerful -lack of confidence=tossed. Should finish the last bits of the pantry purge and reorg. tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.