Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be tough for those of us who participated in the 2010 challenge, but I'll bet we can find another 2011 pieces of dust-collecting clutter to rid ourselves of!!

(And yes, for those of you trying to lose weight, pounds count.)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I'm definitely in with this! I'm a consistent purger of "stuff" so I'm ready to go!

Reactions: madhen

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I'm in...but I'll only post "totals" here weekly. I'm trying for 8044 in 2011, and if I get rid of all the things I should, it will not be that difficult!

However, I don't want to hijack the thread, like I did in 2010, so I'll post my daily flings to my get it/keep it current goal, and post totals here weekly.

This has been a real boon for me and mine, thanks for the challenge!

Judi

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i'm in. thats for sure.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I am in on this as well .. darn I am getting carried away again LOL

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I want to join. Do we post just the number of things we fling as we go along? I'm constantly purging stuff.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am in. Ready to fling a few things.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Some people post the number. Some list what they've flung.
I can handle that. A couple days ago I tossed 7 old nail polish colors and today flung and old pair of shorts. I'm ready for 2011!! :) And with kids there is always constant stuff!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I'm in, I never really got started last year, but I'm ready to roll starting on Saturday!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I am in and can't wait to start I have a heap of stuff just waiting for me to cast my eye over and assess whether they are worthy to stay in my house or not.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I will agree with Madhen on that one. I just got back into FV after an absence and I spent a good 20 mins reading the 2010 fling challenge. It was interesting to read was was being flung or being sorted or donated. Don't feel that by posting everyday you are hijacking the thread - it is more motivating to know that somewhere someone else is doing it to.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I'm in.

My issue is remembering to LOG my challenges. ugg.

also, I promise not to count anything that should be considered trash as an item flung.

This will be tough, but I think I'll start with the yard sale leftover boxes - I'll have one more sale, and then donate what's left.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
However, I don't want to hijack the thread, like I did in 2010, so I'll post my daily flings to my get it/keep it current goal, and post totals here weekly.

Judi
I also enjoyed reading your daily updates. It helped keep my motivated for a while. I got behind. I will restart this year. I have to! With a second child being born in Feb. and only 2 bedrooms that are already full, we need more room!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'm in.

also, I promise not to count anything that should be considered trash as an item flung.
I agree that it isn't the greatest to list every piece of trash, but when I clean out a file cabinet or what not I will say "trash counts as 1-2 items flung or if I finally get around to throwing out lots of old rags I will count all of them as 1 item, etc.

Reactions: ephofma

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I'm in again. I didn't make the goal for this year but I hope to be moving next year(crossing fingers) and will certainly not be taking all of this clutter. Judi, I love your posts, you are a dynamo when it comes to purging and a great motivator. Don't stop.

Cat

1 - 20 of 828 Posts