Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having foot problems for a year and have stopped my daily walking because of it. Being stubborn and hoping that it would miraculously fix itself I've ignored the problem. Well I had my yearly check up at the docs and he sent me to a podiatrist who x rayed my foot so we could really see the problem. Every toe has a couple joints but my little one only has one and that one is separated more than it should be(probably from stubbing it numerous times)so when I walk it's like I'm re spraining my toe over & over. I'm scheduled for outpatient surgery on my 50th b'day (joy) to get a pin put in so the toe can have some stabilization. It'll be done with local anesthesia and isn't supposed to be a big deal and it's my left foot so I can even drive myself home.

It's too bad it's being done on my 50th but I'm thinking of it as taking care of business along with the reg check-up,blood work, mammo etc. I just had done so I can have a healthier, happier life. If you have a little problem you know isn't going to miraculously get better, don't be a :skept: like me & keep putting it off. Go deal so you can get on with the good stuff. :thumb:

Anyone have. or know someone who had, surgery like this? Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm sorry about your foot, but sure am glad your getting it taken care of. It's a heck of a birthday present, for sure, but I love your attitude. You are going to be a new woman starting the next decade of your life off right!

I don't know of anyone who has had this surgery. Honestly, it's amazing what they can do today. I wouldn't have thought you could drive after this. That's pretty cool.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I can't believe you were living with the pain for so long - I'm glad the doctor could figure out your pain and now you will have it taken care of. A great start for your 50th - you'll be able to take walks again : )

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I've been kicking myself because I was walking with hubby & the dog, 5 miles a day and lost some weight but not what I thought I should have, lol. It's SO slow to come off at this stage in my life. I used the toe as an excuse to not go in the winter, then spring then summer and here I am with the weight back but finally facing facts. That was then & this is now & hoping this nudges someone else to get it together too.;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Darlene, I am sorry you have been hurting. I am thankful that you are going to take care of it. I hope the pin thing works good. Poor little toe!!

I would think of it as a gift for yourself on your 50th birthday. Hope you recover quickly!! :)

Reactions: Darlene

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
:hugz: to you Darlene! I'm glad you are getting this taken care of!!!

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Wow,sorry to hear about your foot.
My DH has a pin to hold the three middle toes in place. It has been 5 years and no additional prob. Bones are amazingly forgiving-joints not as much?
And i just have to say-my 50th birthday is coming up in Feb. and I promise I will not steal you celebration idea if I can help it. lol.

Best of luck on an easy surgery.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow,sorry to hear about your foot.
My DH has a pin to hold the three middle toes in place. It has been 5 years and no additional prob. Bones are amazingly forgiving-joints not as much?
And i just have to say-my 50th birthday is coming up in Feb. and I promise I will not steal you celebration idea if I can help it. lol.

Best of luck on an easy surgery.
Should hae given me a spew alert with your comment about not stealing my celebration idea. I really did LOL. :D

·
19,119 Posts
What a great gift for you on your 50th!! Congrats on being a great role model for all of us too!! While some aspects of getting older are no fun at all - we get to celebrate any and all things that tickle our fancy!!

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good on yas lady for putting yourself first! Great gift - the gift of better health can't be beat. :) When is the bday/surgery?
November 2nd. :snork:

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
That was or wasn't nice of them to book it on that day for you...depending on how you feel. Are they gonna put up balloons and streamers for your appt? :D Wait...must....have...cake!!

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol Libby, Maybe they'll wrap my toe in colorful paper & tie a helium balloon to it when they are done. :clown5: Yes, must have cake.
First date the receptionist came up with was my b'day & I laughed & said why not? Let's do it!

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Surgery is postponed, bummer. Can't believe the doctor himself called & on a Sunday to boot. Went to a conference in NYC and his rep didn't have the size needed in that style. So now I have to go in this Wed to have him measure to see if the new style he can get by next week will fit.
Looks like a pain free b'day for me on Tuesday, I can deal. ;)

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo for the update - looking forward for this to be completed for you!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.