Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few days I'll be starting block #5 for our wall hangings/quilts.

I'm wanting to know the following:

- would you like to learn to make 10 blocks. If so, you could make 2 blocks of each and have a full size quilt.

- would you like to learn to make 6 blocks, with #5 and 6 left to do.

I would love to teach you 10 blocks, with the blocks getting a bit more difficult but not so difficult you can't do them. If I taught the 10 blocks, I would continue to do them as we are now and the beginning of Sept. we would then learn how to put them together. I realize with gardening season coming, that probably not a lot of quilting will get done, but at least the tutorials will all be done and we can start the quilting process Sept 1.

Please give me your suggestions within the next few days so I know where to go from here.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I would love to complete a quilt. I am way far behind... but if that happens the tutorials are always here for us to come back to anytime. I would vote for 10 blocks. Plus it would be wonderful to learn how to actually put all the squares together and do the quilting and binding and such.
Then we'll be pros! LOL

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
I am behind too, and I am booked to vend at 6 festivals this summer so I will probably be catching up in the fall. I too vote for ten blocks. Sherry I am glad I am no the only on behind!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I vote for ten

·
Registered
384 Posts
I vote for the 10 blocks. With school starting and the garden i proably wont' have alot of time to quilt till the middle of Sept., unless hubby does most of it again this year. LOL

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
10 is my vote too :)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay ladies, I'll do 10 blocks. That way you can do 2 of each and when your finished you'll have a full size quilt. I'll continue to do them from now until I get them done, then Sept. 1, will start putting the quilt together and quilt it.

Sounds good to me!!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Sounds like a plan!

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
THank you sooo much CJ! I really love doing the blocks and look forward to putting them all together! You are such a sweetie to do this for us! {hugs} :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts