Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I've never heard of that method of killing the chicken. We've done the chop the head off with an axe, and wring their necks- but never that one.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Couldn't see it, the link didn't work for me, just as well tho because after I thought about it I decided that it was a good thing because I have lots of chicken in the freezer>!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm so glad I can go to the market !!!!

·
27,948 Posts
Should I look...shouldn't I look...I looked.
Honeycombs cereal and chicken processing don't mix.
:toothy:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Seeing we just did 9 of them a few weeks ago- his way works in theory. When you pick the bird up, it's fighting enough without putting a bag around it's body. Seems their way is more complicated than the way we did it- on a tree stump as the chopping block, then used the bed of the yard truck to do the rest, LOL

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
When a youngster, the youngest had to hold the chicken while the older child did the chopping. At one time my ambition was to get big enough to do the chopping, but my younger brother was four years junior, so I did the holding for several years while my older brother did the chopping.

Husbandry does have some "not so nice times". But for the instant gratification generation all food comes from the Supermarket. All they have to worry about is bacteria. We were so exposed to most, that we were immune.

The good old days did not exist, except in the imagination of those who have no experience of such.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I expect to be able to do this to a few of our flock as they age and reveal themselves as roosters. Can't have any roos in city limits...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts