Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love going barefoot, especially out in the garden but end up with black feet that take forever to clean with soap & water.
Do you have an easier, quicker way to clean your feet? Thanks for any help you can give.:)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Darlene, your my kinda lady. I always said if God had wanted us to wear shoes, he would have put them on our feet. :D

I love going barefoot as well and the only way I've found to clean the dirt off my feet, is hot water and soap!! It'll be interesting to see if anyone else has any suggestions.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
hehe! I use a baby wipie if I am in hurry, but it doesn't work any better I don't think. I could also live barefoot.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I use lava soap for the bottom of my feet, if I am out I use baking soda to scrub. But this is just before bed or if I am done being barefoot for most of the day.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I could live without shoes!!:D I found a "gardeners soap" that cleans your hands really well after being in the dirt, it really works. So now I use it on my feet too! I'll have to find the name of it the next time I go to the Amish country store, that's where I get it. I'm sure though that other stores would have something similar, maybe even a health food store. It's square and is a handmade type soap with just a brown band type wrapper around it. I have a feeling it is called Hog Wash. (romantic name isn't it??)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
:D CJ!! It's funny, I have to have a pair of canvas sneakers ready in the closet in case I have to run to town. I couldn't wear my sandals with the "condition" of my gardening feet!:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all,
I really enjoyed reading your posts it did make me smile.:) I don't go barefoot that often anymore, although it's far more comfortable, but in my younger days i never wore shoes, my feet got so hard that i once walked on a piece of glass and it broke underfoot without hurting me a bit.

Love Hayleyjane:smball:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I go barefoot all the time.I just scrub really hard when in the shower. I use a pumice stone on my heels cause they are so rough feeling.
I'd like to hear some suggestions to.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm like Haley, I used to go barefoot all the time when I was young. I could walk on melting asfalt in the summer in California..... I se a pumice stone on my feet too.. Make this the excuse you need to just soak your feet !!!!! Tell your family the Lori said I must soak mt feet for at least 30 minutes a day, if they go and get ice tea or chocolate for you it's even better for your feet....... Take my word for it, I know .......;)

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
captclearance said:
I'm like Haley, I used to go barefoot all the time when I was young. I could walk on melting asfalt in the summer in California..... I se a pumice stone on my feet too.. Make this the excuse you need to just soak your feet !!!!! Tell your family the Lori said I must soak mt feet for at least 30 minutes a day, if they go and get ice tea or chocolate for you it's even better for your feet....... Take my word for it, I know .......;)
Hey kids, my imaginary friend (that's what they call you guys)Lori says I have to soak my feet for a 1/2 hour. Can you get me an Ice tea? Hey grab that towel and dry off my feet will you? See that pumace stone? Just have to rub that rough spot, ya that right there. Ok your almost done. Just need to rub in a little of that peppermint lotion, ahh... Oh you missed a spot. Gee thanks kids.:D Ha ha ha

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I love going barefoot as well. I just use soap and water, but every other Friday I go and get a pedicure and they take care of my feet for me.:D Which I could afford them everyday.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
johnson's foot soak...get it at Target in the foot care aisle. Soak in warm water for a while it is like magic. I swear by it.
plus, it is absolutely luxurious11

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have always gone barefoot. First thing I do everywhere but work is take off my shoes, even at ball games!
My girlfriends and I were so known for it we had our pictures taken barefoot for our yearbook! (Back in the day!!!)

Glycerin soap works best of anything I found to wash most everything off. Even ink, marker etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts