Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is anyone else here born outside the U.S.? I was born in Finland and moved here few years back when I married my American DH.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Can I sign in for my kiddos?? :)
2 from Russia
1 from China

:) :) :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well I am American born and bred but my dh is from Cape Verde, West Africa (he came to the US at age 27 to marry me - we met in Cape Verde when I was a Peace Corps Volunteer there).

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
My hubby was born in Germany too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Born in the US, live in Canada....Does that count? :rollsmile

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
i'm Australian (in Australia)

:)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was born in the U.S., but my DH was born in the UK, as were both my kids!

·
Registered
41 Posts
born in Germany, lived in US, back in Germany, probably moving back to US :scratch:

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
According to Mom, I wasn't born, I was hatched, but still agree that it was in Boston... so... I am American hatched :lol:

My DD was born in Cambodia, even though I adopted her in Cambodia and her father and I adopted her here in the US which made her a citizen... argh... still dealing with the INS... the courthouse lost ALL the paperwork showing she is a citizen now... I had to petition to open her sealed pack which is being held hostage somewhere in Texas...

Bit of advise to anyone in the US who was born anywhere else... Don't lose your papers, get a bank vault... staple them to yourself... better yet... tattoo the information to your forehead... trying to get any paperwork from them is near impossible! :lol:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bit of advise to anyone in the US who was born anywhere else... Don't lose your papers, get a bank vault... staple them to yourself... better yet... tattoo the information to your forehead... trying to get any paperwork from them is near impossible! :lol:
very true! soon as I got my citizenship, I applied for a US passport since we travel often.

·
Registered
373 Posts
For those of you who married someone not native or are married to an american living here - what did you go through to be able to live here? I'm marrying a German guy (not for a couple years about) and although I know what we have to do legally, I'm always interested to hear people's stories!!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Indeed! I practically want to take out insurance on my naturalization certificate! ;)

·
Registered
995 Posts
I´m a Dutch citizen but I was born and raised in Scotland.
I came to Holland when I was 18.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts