Frugal Village Forums banner

Found a lump

Tags
found lump
2K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  nwmissourigal 
#1 ·
in my breast last night, so I went to the dr this morning. My dr wasn't there but the dr filling in is from the cancer clinic. He checked and he doesn't think it's anything to worry about but wants me to see him in a few weeks to check again.
I'm a little worried about, because my great grandma and my grandma both had there breasts removed because of breast cancer. My grandma died from it. I'm only 33 so they don't want to do a mammogram unless they need too. So now we just got to wait and see.

#6 ·
They didn't send you for an ultrasound?? Demand an ultrasound for your own peace of mind. Discovering a lump is no fun, I went through that about a year and a half ago and my Dr's nurse called the ultrasound clinic and made an appointment for me right then. Luckily mine turned out to be a cyst. Good luck sweetie :hugz:

#7 ·
I can understand you being nervous & scared. When will your regular doctor be back? I think talking to him/her might help. I too have a high risk of cancer in my family and started mammo's young.
Don't give up seeking answers to your questions, knowledge is power and come what may you'll be ok. So glad you checked yourself & followed thru & will continue to do so :thumb: Cheering you on!

#8 ·
I had found a lump myself and then had my regular family doctor check it out. Took me 2 months to get an ultrasound done but it was worth it. Though the technician told me she couldnt give me an answer on the results, she grabbed my hand and told me that I was very wise and brave to come have it checked out and that I 'had nothing to worry about'. She said that last lil big again with more emphasis so then I knew I didnt have to worry.

danni I know its scary but you'll make it through it. Keep your spirits up gf! Its not as bad as it seems, the good thing is you know about it and are getting it looked after. Thats the best thing you can do! :hug2:

#9 ·
I know how scary finding a lump can be. I will be saying prayers for you that everything turns out okay.

#10 ·
I'll be praying that all turns out ok. When I was about your age I found a lump and it turned out to be a cyst. Then around 40 the mamogram showed spots. I had a biopisey(sp). Thank God everything came back negitive. My Mom was a breast cancer survior. But I do do need to make sure and do self exams each month. I haven't been as faithful to this since I started the change.

#13 ·
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers

#14 ·
Will keep you in my prayers--ditto about the ultrasound. My friend found a lump and she had it checked via ultrasound--she was fine and it gave her incredible piece of mind.

#17 ·
I'll keep you in my prayers and I'm glad you had it checked immediately.

--Michelle

#18 ·
Danni, I know how you feel, and the waiting is the worst of all. I agree, demand a mammogram. I found my first lump when I was 19 and had it removed, it was benign. YOU need that peace of mind. Lots of good thoughts coming your way. :hugz:

#21 ·
Danni, big huuuggsss and prayers being sent your way. Sometimes its just fatty tissue or a cyst. Try not to worry, and keep us up to date Dear!

#22 ·
I have a family history as well so they started me on mammograms in my 30's....they are really not that bad at all and I think getting it done will give you incredible peace of mind, plus you will have a baseline done for future reference. Good thoughts going out to you!

#24 ·
My prayers are also with you. You need to ask for an ultrasound at least. And I would also want a mammogram. With the medical history, I am a little surprised you doctor didn't go ahead an do one just to have a base line. I would see your doctor again and ask for a mammogram..Blessings..kathy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.