Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this recepie below looks like a good cp breakfast for a large family , did anyone ever try this recpie and also use the hashbrowns instead of bread?
Charlene

Blessed

02-19-2006, 01:26 PM

I put this together last night and we ate it this morning. Dh liked it better than I did, but it was pretty good (a little over done).

1 dozen beaten eggs
14 slices of bread (I used 8 slices of whole wheat bread)
2 1/4 c milk (lowfat or skim is OK)
2 1/2 c grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (I used both)
1 lb. sausage, cooked and drained
salt and pepper to taste
optional mustard

Grease sides of the crock with butter (I used spray and it worked great). If desired, spread mustard on one side of the bread and cut bread into large squares (yuck!). Make layers in the crockpot of bread, then sausage, then cheese, ending with a layer of cheese. Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Pour into crockpot over layered ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 - 12 hours (8-10 probably would have been about right in my pot).

I think this is one of Ellise's recipes. I'd bet you could use frozen hashbrown potates in place of the bread. I might like it better that way, served with toast and jelly.

·
Registered
439 Posts
That sounds good. I might make that & add mushrooms, onions, or whatever I have.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That sounds good but I think that I would like it better with the hash browns. I am going to add this to the "to be tried" file on my computer. Thanks for bringing this back to the boards :hungry: .

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I think I would try it with hashbrowns too. We would eat this for supper since we love breakfast foods anytime.

Yes, thanks for bringing this back.:toast:

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think Ill use hash browns too. xmas day we have meat pie for breakfast so its probaly would be for next day. Turkey for xmas day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts