Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My elderly mom has a friend she spends a lot of time with, and he usually joins us for holidays including Christmas. We like to include him in gift-giving, but he's VERY difficult to buy for. You name something and he will not be interested in it.

But he likes to read, and specifically, he likes to read Reader's Digest Condensed Books. I know, I know. But what the heck. Those things have gotten hard to find, so we didn't expect to be able to get any for him.

Today we were in a Salvation Army store and found 18 of them! So we were happy, thinking we could get them for fifty cents each which is the regular price. But then we found out they were having a book sale, ten books for just $1! So for $1.80, we got the perfect gift. He won't know and wouldn't care the books were so inexpensive, he will just be happy to get them.

I love when this happens!

Anyone else come across the perfect gift for cheap lately?

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That's fantastic SD! He will love them! :)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
What a wonderful find SD! I know that he will love them and really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, everyone. We can't wait to give them to him! He asked my mom when we got home from our shopping if she had seen any of the books, since he had asked her to watch for some for him. We made sure she didn't SEE them when we bought them, so she wouldn't have to lie when she told him she hadn't SEEN any! :D

I'm doing some cooking and have some other things for him too, but he'll probably enjoy the books the most.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hurray! i love finding the perfect gift at a great price :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts