Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the renters next door have no use for all the apples so guess who is filling the freezer... 5 apple cobblers so far... I want a minimum of 12 apple sauce is next maybe some pie if I get the energy to make pie crust.

And we showed them where our compost pile is so they can toss the ones on the ground there instead of in the trash.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wow what a deal....you can't beat that price...I'm coming to your house for dessert-I love apple cobbler LOL

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
that's wonderful!!! :)

W/all that you're making, I'd say give a pie or jar of applesauce for the holidays to a few friends. ;)

Can't beat the price and good job on getting them to use the compost pile! :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have been in the apple game as well the last few weeks so far: Apple sauce, apple butter, apple preserves, dried apples and just plain freezing apples! I am a little appled out I must admit but it's good to not let it go to waste!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Wow, great deal! Enjoy those apples! :apple:

·
Registered
604 Posts
who hoo! Free is a good price

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a great aunt who passed a few years ago, but my family and I help keep up the properity, she has about 7 apple trees, so we are going out there to pick some this week!! Does anyone have a good applesause receipe??? I can't find one that is easy, yet good!!!

Any apple ideas would be great!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aren't you lucky? What a blessing! When I get lots of apples I make applesauce and can it. You can also freeze just the apples and use them to make apple pie or apple crisp later. Apple slices also can be dried.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
That is awesome. I would love to get some apples like that. Yum!

·
Registered
590 Posts
OH! I want an apple tree, or a neighbor with one. SIGH....

I love apple pie.

I second the idea to make butters and applesauce to give as Christmas gifts! Yum!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts