Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
It's so crowded it's crazy at the nearest applebees( about an hr away) on Veterans Day.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Did anyone go?

We went fairly early (5 p.m.) so we could get back home before Moo started her nightly bedtime meltdown. It was packed and there was about a 30 minute wait for a table. The awesome thing about being there so early was getting to see all the very old veterans. All in all, it was a great night.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
We never do any of the veteran's day specials that involve free stuff. I don't have the patience to put up with long lines or big crowds.

I went to the thrift store and got 20% off my purchase, though.

·
Registered
464 Posts
We went, they were very crowded, we had about a 30 minute wait, but it was neat to get to talk to some of the other vets while we were waiting, there was a WWII vet there, really neat!

Hubby said that yesterday he had never had his hand shaked or been thanked so much in a very long time. He remembers coming home during 'Nam and being spit on and called a baby killer, so this really meant something to him.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
How do they tell if you're a veteran? Do you only get these things if you did a full 20 and got the id card?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.