Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our community has a free toy store. Were children can get toys for keeps for free and all the puzzles, games and books they want. They take donations fix them up and let children have them.

Little Miss wanted to donate some toys she had out grown. She picked the "Toy Store". Today we took the Little Tikes easel down to donate.

When we were dropping it off she found a American Girl/pleasant company "coconut" dog. She had been wanting one of these (catalog price $20) so I let her ask if she could have it. They smiled and said yes.

I generally wouldn't have let her get something as I see it more of a "in need" place (although they don't advertise it as such). But it seemed to perfect that it was there when she was dropping off a donation almost as if it was a reward for her generous heart :hearts:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
We have things like that in our, and surrounding towns, that take toys, clothes, household items- they're called 'swap shops' or 'green centers'...so happy to hear of another elsewhere, they're GREAT! What a generous heart your little one has, and her toys make help make someone else's Holiday brighter!

It's so terrific you're teaching her generosity early on...I am trying hard to instill it in my kids as well.

Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you know how I was feeling bad about letting Little Miss pick a stuffed animal as I felt the toys should be for those more in need.

Well, she took her Coconut dog to church today. And when someone asked her if it was the American Girl dog she told them yes and where she got it and that it was free. Which led to a discussion about the store. One lady that was listening works for family services ( getting families assistance like food stamps and such) she was very happy to learn about the store as she knows that many of their clients could use some free toys.

So through the chain of events:
Little Miss donating, finding a treasure, and telling others were she got the free cool toy, the lady listening to the story,
many children in need will now know where they can go get toys.

How cool is that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.