Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am subscribed to FREECYCLE and thought you might enjoy it also. The purpose of FREECYCLE is to keep stuff out of trash dumps.

I have gotten furniture (in excellent condition!), baskets, coupons and all kinds of things FREE.

I have also posted some things, like carpet, filing cabinets etc.

It is a great way to get rid of stuff you don't want, without hauling it off and to get things you want or need at no charge.

Have fun!

www.freecycle.org

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I am a moderator for the Allentown, PA Freecycle(tm), I love that place, I got so much free stuff from there already.

G

·
0 Posts
I want to pick something up from a freecycler- but I can't see anyway to contact the person. This has beed all through the site.

I looked up FAQs. There are only 3 FAQs none of which pertain to how to contact the freecyclers.

I joined- thinking that maybe I'll get the contact info.... but still nothing.

My question- how do you contact the free cycler??

·
Registered
760 Posts
I just joined for my area. You guys are angels :angel2:

·
Registered
614 Posts
I joined FREECYCLE in my area quite awhile ago, but never found anything on it that wasn't already taken!

I am quite lucky I find great stuff in the TRASH just left out in a box or on top of a garbage can the morning of TRASH DAYS! :)

I guess this is my reward for driving DH to work @ 5 AM :eek:

I find BABY STUFF! Just about every week! I really want to have a baby soon so I keep collecting the stuff or give it away to some of my friends, etc.

The other day I stopped to check out a dresser, some of the drawers were broken & missing the knobs so I took a few of the other mismatched metal knobs they will be useful for one of my projects!

While I opened the drawer I saw tucked all the way in the back this package, thinking ohh maybe someone's jockey shorts or PJ's in a plastic bag, but no it was something really great! My LUCKY Find :)

A LONGABERGER HOLIDAY 2005 TOTE BAG Item # 23154166 still in it's original ziplock bag w/the item# sticker label attached to it!

I don't own any other LONGABERGER baskets but I bought a few PETERBORO BASKETS from QVC!

I found this listing of it on EBAY!

http://cgi.ebay.com/LONGABERGER-BAS...goryZ101QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

a new and absolutely darling Tote made exclusively for Longaberger! This tote was ONLY AVAILABLE FOR ONE MONTH, September 2005, to those who purchased a basket from Longaberger.

The tote is made in the Longaberger Holiday Stripe Fabric. It measures approximately 8" x 9" and is 4" wide at the bottom. The inside is completely lined in cream fabric.

The front of the tote has a nice size cream canvas pocket with beautiful embroidery. The pocket features a Longaberger Market Basket spilling over with gorgeous holiday bulbs, holly and sleigh bells. The two carrying handles are 7" long and in the Holiday Stripe Fabric.

The tote is BRAND NEW, in MINT CONDITION and comes in its ORIGINAL PACKAGING from a SMOKE FREE home.

I also saw out for TRASH a rolling tool chest it was parked right by the dumpster @ a car dealer w/a sign that said FREE!

I called DH on my NEXTEL 2-way page & told him about it, since I can't fit it in my EXPY (having a pick-up truck or my old VW Vanagon would of been great! He told me not to worry about it! I said I was just letting him know if he knew of any other way to get it for someone who could use it!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
frugalfanny,

To contact the poster on Freecycle(tm) you have to just reply to the message, their email should be in the TO: field.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i love freecycle. i have been a member for a long time now too. a lot of times stuff is already taken, but i just love to see what all everyone is giving away! it is great because it keeps it from the landfill, but it also helps people that can't afford to buy things.....like a bed, or stove, or fridge. lol!;) freecycle is so cool!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I find something I am interested in, I just respond to the email. Of course I get all of my messages individually and (in my area at least) there is an option to get one email per day with everything listed in it.

I would guess that one message contains the email of the person who is giving xyz item away and I do not know that for sure.

I hope this helps and HAPPY FREECYCLING!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Freecycle

Just became a member today. This site is great. Love recycling!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I just signed up as well, I wonder if anyone will want 2 gently eaten couches?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I have been a member for a year now, I got rid of a lot of things this way but I have gotten alot also, a humidifer, a yogurt maker (just go this this weekend), clothes for the kids and myself, toys, ect. I have given a washer 2 dryers, a stove, a bunch of clothes, and toys also, it helps if you post an offer first, I have also seen alot of things taken very quickly but, it is worth it, I love it, i also just got a bath room vanity for my down stairs remodling project. that sure saves alot I get individule emails and i just respond to the email and it goes staight to that person. I also make sure that I pick up when I say I will or i will email if there is a problem I have had that problem people saying they would be there then not be there, that does drive me nuts, but over all it is a great site and group to belong to..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts