Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sis is a working mom (like me) and she is insanely busy. She has wanted a stand alone freezer for her apartment for awhile but it was a bit too pricey for her. This week Shaw's had freezers, exactly what she wanted (5.0 cubic), on sale for $150. (That's a $75 savings already!) Plus they were giving a $50 Shaw's gift card and $100 in free groceries.

I bought the freezer for my sis, gave her the gift card, and split the coupons with her. Here's the beautiful thing...I had a ton of points on my Amex card that I transferred to cash and that made the freezer FREE!!!!!

What a great story! That's $150 + $50 + $100 = $300 for FREE! My sis was so overwhelmed...I felt so happy I could help. What a great story!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow that's awesome, I would love a freezer but cant afford one right now. Glad you got it for free and the food too, that's totally awesome.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
That was so kind of you. I bet your sister really appreciated it :)

·
27,948 Posts
Wow, how can they make a deal like that? So happy for both you & your sister!! Awesome story, thanks for sharing!:thumb:

·
8,714 Posts
~$150?!?!Good price! I just saw one this size(chest, manual defrost) at Lowes this weekend for $190. What's really great about this size is the cost to run it; according to the Energy Star tag it was $25 a year! Can't wait till I can get a freezer myself. If I see a deal like that I'm JUMPING on it!~

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ladies. It was an awesome deal.

My sis totally appreciates it. I love her more than words could say. I was just so happy to be able to help and to figure out how to not add more to my expenses.

My bday is this Sunday and she's so sweet, she bought me a sturdy stand for my keyboard. (I've been studying piano for awhile and haven't bought a stand so I could practice at home. Now I'll have one! YEA!)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
congrats !!!!! Your a great sister to get that for her for free!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
What a sweet sister you are :) And Wow! Awesome deals! WTG!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts