Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who cook meals, casseroles, etc. ahead and freeze them, what types of containers do you use? I would like to cook and freeze and I want something that will go from freezer to oven. Any suggestions or other options?

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
No suggestions for things from freezer to oven.........corning ware does that doesn't it.

I don't do ANY glass in my freezer so I will either use a plastic container of some sort or 'food saver' the item.

Only took me breaking ONE ITEM that was glass to learn my lesson on that one...........it was a jam jar and what a mess it was!!! Everything I pulled out of there for the next SIX MONTHS had jam on it.

Be sure to get something VERY STURDY.......glass breaks easy when cold.....and bumped.

·
Registered
112 Posts
A compnay called Genpak sells freezer to oven stuff. I don't know the pricing, but they sell that sort of thing. Also, you might want to check the sites of places like Stouffers. Things like their lasagna go from freezer to oven. I don't know if you have to buy this stuff in bulk, but it won't cost you anything to ask them who supplies their food containers. Check various catering sites as well! They might be helpful. Or...talk to whoever works at the local deli or deli section of the supermarket. Let us know what you come up with.

Reactions: ktsmama

·
Registered
4 Posts
I usually put plastic wrap in the bottom of the container that I'll be cooking in. I then load it up with whatever food I'm freezing and then pop it in the freezer. When it's frozen I take it out and transfer it into either a freezer bag or I vacuum seal it. When you go to cook it just pop it back into the original container. This way your dishes aren't tied up in the freezer, and you don't have to go out and purchase new containers just for the freezer.

·
27,948 Posts
I do what dortmatt does but I use foil.;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I usually put plastic wrap in the bottom of the container that I'll be cooking in. I then load it up with whatever food I'm freezing and then pop it in the freezer. When it's frozen I take it out and transfer it into either a freezer bag or I vacuum seal it. When you go to cook it just pop it back into the original container. This way your dishes aren't tied up in the freezer, and you don't have to go out and purchase new containers just for the freezer.
Well! Aren't you the smarty pants? Thank you so much for pointing out what should have been obvious. You have no idea how much you have just helped me. Thank you!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I use glass or aluminium pans.
I have soooooo much corningware and pyrex and I purchase my foil pans from the dollar store.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.