Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading the OAMC post that someone bumped up...thanks!!!

About eggs, Elisse said you can freeze eggs...raw eggs??? Can you freeze them in say ice cube trays...if so can they still be used in things like cakes...do they taste the same? TIA

·
Registered
47 Posts
yep you can freeze them in ice cube trays

just scramble them and put them in the trays. I always oil the trays a little so the egg cube will come out easier.

one cube = 1 egg

the work great for scrambled eggs, in cake mixes or other batters.

just let them thaw

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I REALLY need to try OAMC, with the schedule I keep my kids are beginning to eat so many sandwiches, pot pies, frozen pizzas, fish sticks etc, that this would be so great. I whish I had someone to share in the cooking like someone said. Maybe I will try it by making an extra large amount and freezing part of it.

Can cooked pasta be frozen?
The boys are good at reheating in micro, but do not pay enough attention for on the stove top cooking, so I would have to freeze spaghetti already mixed, would that work?

·
Registered
47 Posts
yep you can freeze cooked pasta.

just pt in boiling water to thaw and heat, takes just a few minutes to thw an heat. probably about 2 minutes top if that....doesn't take long at all

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Yep, I freeze cooked pasta.........

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Robin, All you have to do is cook larger portions of what you are already cookinf then freeze it! I do have cooking sessions and it takes about three or four days to do it all.

I have several really good recipes for
Hot pockets, pizza, breakfast items, soups, etc... That work wonderfully in the freezer!!

If you want them e-mail me and I will gather them for you!
I will pm you my addy if you don't already have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts